Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Latest addition to the arsenal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure it will also serve the 60 mm Distagon well.
In that case it would be the ideal lens case for me.
Paul

Paul

The 5,6/60 DISTAGON with front and rear lenscap fits perfectly .
But it must be set to infinity and must not be a single millimeter bigger .
It is for sale :z04_sabber:. Price is 10.000,15 € . Somehow I have to get through this crisis .:uhoh:

Jürgen

Prices of things are getting weirder and weirder.
I had my limit set to 10.000 .
A pity I would have loved to add this little gem to my collection.

That is life!

Paul

That's the 40 Hood Paul!

You could use it on the lens, or as a spare tire for a Buick.

Isn't that camera case a beauty? WOW!

The case that my 350/5.6 CF and 30mm CFi came in is made something like that, just beautiful. Now you get some lenses in a baggie surrounded by Styrofoam. Some of the "Hasselblad" black leather bags from a few years ago were just terrible. The finish on the leather (if it is leather) came off and started getting all over everything. pure junk.

-Marc

MARC, HOW TRUE - NOT LEATHER BUT SOME DISGUSTING SYNTHETIC THAT, JUST LIKE YOU SAY PEELS AWAY AND THEN WE SPEND WEEKS GETTING ALL THE CRAP OUT OF OUR BAGS AND OFF THE CAMERA GEAR! GEE HASSELBLAD OWES ITS CUSTOMERS A MASSIVE APOLOGY FOR THAT!! :z04_hinterherjagen:

What made me soooooooo angry was that when I was placing an order with KEH I paid good money for mint condition Hasselblad lens bags - 3 years later I have destroyed all of them to save my gear and bags from the disgusting vinyl flakes getting into everything.

Yes, I too LOVE those beautiful tan leather lens cases. I saw a 30mm CF lens in a mint case and it filled me with desire for the 30mm lens even though I never shoot fisheye!! :z04_smileys70:

That's the 40 Hood Paul!

You could use it on the lens, or as a spare tire for a Buick.
-Marc

buick tyres.jpg

I am still looking for the fourth tyre.........

Attachments

• buick tyres.jpg
    EXIF
    buick tyres.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 9
Jurgen, forgive me, I failed to notice that beautiful Arca-Swiss case for the SUPER cube! :) Now from your description of that magnificent piece of engineering masterpiece and its weight and construction, I am unable to appreciate the full scale of that leather case - something like the size of a small overnight case I wonder?? :)
If you have not done so elsewhere here, you must post a picture of the cube - a sensational looking head indeed. :)

Welcome at the forum with such a beautiful piece of equipment.
I even forgive you for not uploading but copying the images into the forum twice.

Paul

Not yet!

This item is not part of the latest addition to my collection but it is so rare that I would like to share the image of a complete Dallmeyer kit with you.

PICT0720.jpg
  • Konica Minolta Camera, Inc. - DiMAGE A2
  • 9.7 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/25 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Complete Dallmeyer kit with 508 mm lens supplied by Cook en Perkins in England.

It consists of a 508 mm telelens with 1000F body three film backs and other goodies to use this lens.
It is one of only 113 kits supplied by Hasselblad to the Swedish Army and Marine.
All items carry three crowns the symbol of the Swedish Army.

Now offered by a Swedish dealer in antique marine equipment.
Price is out of reach for mere mortals.
The collector who pointed out this offer to me thought the price was in Swedish Kroner.
Actually that price was in euro about ten times the value of the SEK!

Attachments

• PICT0720.jpg
    EXIF
    PICT0720.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome at the forum with such a beautiful piece of equipment.
I even forgive you for not uploading but copying the images into the forum twice.

Paul

I apologize for "copying the images", they were my first attempt to upload images in the forum.

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

No problem.
You soon found the way to upload them.

I hope you will enjoy the forum.
That Arca head is a beautiful piece of engineering.
There is even a forum member who uses this head for his rare and expensive Holga camera!

It is not only serious matters and difficult questions here but also a bit of fun.
That is the way most users like it.
The fun part never overtakes more serious questions.
They need to be answered and most of them are.

Paul

Here is the HOLGA on an ARCA CUBE . Don't take it serious .
It is all fun .
But the cube itself is a delight .
A-0531.jpg

Attachments

• A-0531.jpg
    EXIF
    A-0531.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 11
FANTASTIC photo Jurgen!! :)

My God you made me laugh when I looked at that magnificent Swiss Arca CUBE head - what a massive piece of precision engineering. It would take me a year to learn how to use it.

Do you need a trolly to take it out with you!! :) :)

God I did get a big smile and laugh at how amazing the CUBE is - now my abdomen is so sore!! :) Don't make me laugh so much with the Holga oin the CUBE - now I must glue another patch to kill the pain from laughing! :) I think I will stick that patch on my forehead reminding me of why I needed it!

I just love the sight of the Holga sitting up there! Now you need to build a pin-hole camera for the CUBE! :)

Wonderful! Also your product photography and lighting is brilliant!

Wonderful! Also your product photography and lighting is brilliant!

Hello Simon,

I sure hope you have survived this ordeal of talented engineering in combination with a mere Holga camera.

I have often wondered what the secret behind Jürgens product photography is.

My guess is pure love for beautifully engineered products especially photo gear.
It is like looking at the person you just fell in love with.
You only see the positive side and minimise whatever is there that is less attractive.
I think that is the way Jürgen does his product photography.

Do not ask him to do a series for the H camera.
There is no interaction and the results will no doubt be more like an unvoluntary exercise.

Paul

I have often wondered what the secret behind Jürgens product photography is.
My guess is pure love for beautifully engineered products especially photo gear.
It is like looking at the person you just fell in love with.
Paul

Yes Paul

True . But there is no secret behind it .
It is so simple , that even i can do it .
Always remember : the guy , who was asked , what he is doing , answered : My job is so top secret , that I don't even know what I do.

Jürgen

I have just seen the image of the Arc-body, which just proves again what a TOTALLY COMPLETE system the V series is/was. When I really think about it, the V series development history is remarkable - something for nearly every possible purpose.

It is such a shame that the halcyon days are now behind us! :(

Keep posting images of the lesser known items - Paul's Dallmeyer post and image are wonderful history.

But there is one drawback - my list of "desired" V series gear is growing beyond most countries' national debt!

Let me see, now what are the important additions............ of course....... a 905 SWC; 205FCC / 203 FE; 110mm FE; 350mm tele-SA; 100mm CFi Planar; FlexBody; CFV back........ the list goes on!

I can see more pleasure in working to support Hasselblad than supporting the government and investment funds which lately have simply been pi..ing it all up against the wall!

Keep posting these gems guys!!

Simon,
I am pretty sure the 508 mm Dallmeyer-submarine hunter-set is still for sale as it is priced for the very serious collector only :). I am glad that my 508 was more affordable. On a price per weight base it was in fact very cheap.

Keep hunting
Ulrik

Yes Ulrik, when we need something more discrete for street shooting, it looks as good as a 350mm tele-SA or even the wonderful 500mm! If I can find a big enough tent I could drape it over the lens while I look innocent and shoot away!

Then again it might make me look like I am a terrorist with 50 more under the tent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back