Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Latest addition to the arsenal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fun aside this is a bad time for any company that sells goods like Dbs

I have it from good authority that again jobs are at stake at Hasselblad in Sweden.
Lets keep our heads cool and go on buying stuff from Hasselblad and other manufacturers.

It is one of the possibilties we have to support companies whose products we all have come to appreciate through the years.

Paul

ps
Jürgen, thanks for this Haselnut joke!

I have it from good authority that again jobs are at stake at Hasselblad in Sweden.
Lets keep our heads cool and go on buying stuff from Hasselblad and other manufacturers.

It is one of the possibilties we have to support companies whose products we all have come to appreciate through the years.

That is very disturbing. Especially as it is so quiet about Franke & Heidecke after the announcement of their insolvency. Like nobody cares anymore in these days where mainly "Opel" is in the headlines.

Ulrik

That is very disturbing. Especially as it is so quiet about Franke & Heidecke after the announcement of their insolvency. Like nobody cares anymore in these days where mainly "Opel" is in the headlines.

Ulrik

There has been some communication to dealers about the F&H situation, and apparently, all relevant parties are agreed that the situation will be solved, and production is continuing the whole time. I presume there will be more official news soon.

Ulrik

I think this may need some explanation for readers in other parts of the world.
Opel does not make cameras but passenger cars and belongs since decades to General Motors.
The German government has issued a scheme to encourage people to buy cars to help car factories during the financial crisis.
As a result of this scheme Opel sold more cars than last year in the first months of 2009.

Paul

Am I correct in understanding, that this is also partly because of the success of their new Insignia model?

Marcus,

Insignia is model made by Opel.
I have no idea whether this car sells well or not.

Since decades I drive cars known for a threepointed star.
Simply because I consider those cars the best tools for the job: 60.000 -80.000 km p.a.

Paul

so after lurking this and many other forums relating to medium format and hasselblad (i have previously been using a Lubitel2 for some MF stuff), today I took receipt of a pristine 501CM w/ 80mm CFE lens, WLF and A12 back :)

sold off my Nikon D3 and complement of Nikkor primes to fund the purchase of the 'Blad and a film scanner. have been disheartened with digital image capture for quiet a while, and i found that going back to my 35mm SLR's and TLR a very rewarding experience. So decided it was time to purchase the camera i've quietly been dreaming of for the best part of 10 years, and 2 days before my 26th birthday too!

can't wait to run the first roll through her.

Welcome to MF and film .
Just a hint which might be of interest for you .
The new KODAD EKTAR 100 film will be avaiable now also as 120 rollfilm .
I have already ordered my first rolls and I am curious , if the film can be scanned as good as KODAK promises .

Jürgen

so after lurking this and many other forums relating to medium format and hasselblad (i have previously been using a Lubitel2 for some MF stuff), today I took receipt of a pristine 501CM w/ 80mm CFE lens, WLF and A12 back :)

sold off my Nikon D3 and complement of Nikkor primes to fund the purchase of the 'Blad and a film scanner. have been disheartened with digital image capture for quiet a while, and i found that going back to my 35mm SLR's and TLR a very rewarding experience. So decided it was time to purchase the camera i've quietly been dreaming of for the best part of 10 years, and 2 days before my 26th birthday too!

I LOVE when young folks pick up the V torch and carry it forward!!!!

Ahhh, a 26th birthday ... so long ago ... about the same time I got my first Hasselblad BTW.

When was that Marc?
Hasselblad sold the first cameras in the US 60 years ago...........

Paul

Well, I not THAT old Paul ... : -)

I think my first Hassey was around 1971 or '72

I distinctly recall finding a lens hood for my first 40mm buried in an obscure shelf at Helix in Chicago ... around 1979 I think. It was huge.

Never been without a V except one or two years when I sold them to get a Leica M.

My favorite excurion with a V was to shoot some commercial work for Big Sky Resort in Montana around 1980 ... and did some work in Yellowstone during the dead of winter. Rangers took us in, and there was absolutely no one else there. Snow was over waist deep but you could walk in it ... I dropped my cable release and it just disappeared. I also learned why there is fur around the top of boots ... which mine didn't have.

Steam rising off the river. Bald Eagles. Elk grazing on wind swept rises that revealed the grass.

I'm not a landscape photographer at all ... but THAT was something else.

Hi Marc,

Fans of the classic line of cameras have been trying to set up a meeting with Hasselblad in Sweden to commemorate the 60th birthday of the first Hasselblad sold in the US.
The first Hasselblad was sold in May 1949.
That must have been a good year. It is the year of my birth.

Due to present hard times Hasselblad AB did not think it was a good idea to visit the factory now.
We may try again later when things have calmed down a bit.

Paul

For old times sake

40mm  C Hood with 80 mm as reference forum.jpg

Dino size hood for 40 mm C lens with 80 mm hood as reference.

1600F ERC 2.jpg 1600F ERC 1.jpg

ERC for 1600F camera

There is an FUC member who simply refused the ERC offered at the time he bought his 1600F camera.
The ERC is about 30 times rarer than the 1600F!

Paul

Attachments

• 40mm  C Hood with 80 mm as reference forum.jpg
    EXIF
    40mm C Hood with 80 mm as reference forum.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1600F ERC 2.jpg
    EXIF
    1600F ERC 2.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 1600F ERC 1.jpg
    EXIF
    1600F ERC 1.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 7
There is a FUC member who simply refused the ERC offered at the time he bought his 1600F camera.
The ERC is about 30 times rarer than the 1600F!
Paul

Yes Paul :z04_zeter01: I know it was a mistake.
I have forgiven me .

And . . . . . . that was yesterday .
But today is LOBSTER DAY .

VINTAGE.QUEEN.0017.@.jpg

Is there anything else to complain about ? ? ?
This KODAK EKTAR 135mm lens is very rare , because it holds my fingerprints and also my DNA .
Normaly I handle my VINTAGE JEWELS only with cotton gloves .
An other mistake here . Even more serious . :z04_2171:

Attachments

• VINTAGE.QUEEN.0017.@.jpg
    EXIF
    VINTAGE.QUEEN.0017.@.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 7
That's the 40 Hood Paul!

You could use it on the lens, or as a spare tire for a Buick.

Isn't that camera case a beauty? WOW!

The case that my 350/5.6 CF and 30mm CFi came in is made something like that, just beautiful. Now you get some lenses in a baggie surrounded by Styrofoam. Some of the "Hasselblad" black leather bags from a few years ago were just terrible. The finish on the leather (if it is leather) came off and started getting all over everything. pure junk.

-Marc

Some of the "Hasselblad" black leather bags from a few years ago were just terrible. The finish on the leather (if it is leather) came off and started getting all over everything. pure junk.
-Marc

Yes Marc

Your assumption is correct . It is no leather . The horrible stuff is called VISTRAM .
I have three of these lens bags , but the worst is the little pouch for the FLEXBODY correction slides .
The black stuff peels off like skin after a sunburn or as soon as you touch it , you have that black stuff all over your hands .

Yes Marc

Your assumption is correct . It is no leather . The horrible stuff is called VISTRAM .
I have three of these lens bags , but the worst is the little pouch for the FLEXBODY correction slides .
The black stuff peels off like skin after a sunburn or as soon as you touch it , you have that black stuff all over your hands .

Same for the bag my PC Mutar shift adapter came in. I'm still peeling that crap off stuff in my gear vault.

Marc, Jürgen,

I was not sure about posting that old stuff but reading the big impression the large rubber shade made on Marc years ago pointed me in the right direction.

I was about in the same league as Jürgen because this ERC was lying around at an English camera dealer for at least 8 months.
Priced at only 25 USD it is a gift. Nobody saw it I guess.

Jürgen inspired me to buy the thing by asking for an A16S film back,
That came from the same dealer with this nice leather camera case.

Paul

Here comes a little open sesame leather case .
I do not know if it is rare , but I believe it was only made for the PANCAKE TESSAR 2,8/80 before 1957 .
LEATHER.CASE_0055.jpg LEATHER.CASE_0056.jpg LEATHER.CASE_0058.jpg

Such handcrafted leather cases have gone out of fashion .
But not totally .
Here a good example , that we still have craftsmen , who can make such wonderful cases .
LEATHER.CASE_0059.jpg

This one came with my ARCASWISS CUBE C1 .

Attachments

• LEATHER.CASE_0055.jpg
    EXIF
    LEATHER.CASE_0055.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 5
  • LEATHER.CASE_0056.jpg
    EXIF
    LEATHER.CASE_0056.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 5
  • LEATHER.CASE_0058.jpg
    EXIF
    LEATHER.CASE_0058.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 5
  • LEATHER.CASE_0059.jpg
    EXIF
    LEATHER.CASE_0059.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 8
Jürgen,

I envy you. What a beautiful little carrier for older lenses.

I am sure it will also serve the 60 mm Distagon well.
In that case it would be the ideal lens case for me.
I enjoy the 60 mm Distagon very much. Small, excellent IQ and easily switched for a pancake Tessar.
These lenses are my favourite companions when shooting with the 1600F.

Yes I believe this leather lens case is rare.
I have not seen one yet other than in Rick Nordins excellent compendium.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back