Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Changes Coming Hold on to your seat

G'day:

I hear you, Eduardo.

Both with the 200/500 and 203/503 - a fondler's delight to be sure. And my M3 is so-o-o-o-o-o cool, I can forget to make an image when I start feeling those smooth ridges and corners, and feel the 'heft' of the machine. Yes, it's the heft. That's it. And when I fit a lens, that 'click' is heaven. But it may be the gentle 'fuutz-z-z-z' of the shutter that really does it. Ditto for the 200/500's. Although, I must confess, when I get the KER-THWACK of the mirror, it still startles me, and all the animals in the field.

z04_sabber.gif

Smootherly. Yes, that's the word I was looking for, Eduardo.

So, as long as Hasselblad progress includes heft, smootherly, fuuttzzzz, and ker-twack (even if digitised), we'll all be happy - right. Even 'Toona' Nick, who has a personal struggle about if he is a Bladian or a Bladder ... well, he knows what I meant to say.

z04_bier01.gif

Cheers!

Colin

Yes, one of the tell tale signs is the heft. Like a nugget of Platinum that startles you with it's sheer presence in the hand : -)

Like this does when someone picks it up:

33562.jpg

with the exception of the Ford GT 40>

When I look at any Hasselblad gear, Leica's and some old Zeiss Ikon's, I feel a great appreciation for their beauty and fine craftsmanship. I also appreciate the look a craftsmanship in fine automobiles like the Dusenberg.

The 203FE, lenses and accessories with the twin blue pinstripes is something to behold, I tell ya!

Like some cars and some cameras they look good sitting or moving!

Now, I am starring at Marc's Leica!
happy.gif

Regards:

Gilbert

At last, now I know I have joined the right forum - peopled by those who know the true value of the jewels that are Hasselblads!

Gimme German cars. They also work when it rains etc.

Wilko (who spent too much time helping fix Maserati electronics etc)

> Hello Wilko,

With RESPECT, I beg to differ, I had an AUDI and ONE thing that is certain is "when it rained, the car refused to even start!" I now drive Japanese!

Reapectfully yours,

Tsun

>

Hi Tsun,

I had 2 Toyotas, both were fine. Now I have my 2nd Audi (... ;-) and that also always starts.

So..

Wilko

> Hello Wilko,

Unfortunately, we disagree on cars, but we BOTH love Hasselblads and that's ALL that's important!

BTW, I also have a Mercedes E-class 1987 with less than 47,000 ORIGINAL miles . . . what a piece of disappointment. When it works, its a dream to drive - providing there is no snow on the road, then all hell breaks!

Tsun >

Great guessing game Marc! I love wild speculation and rumour mills!
happy.gif

Just LOVE the way you lit that shot of the MP3......... simply superb
happy.gif

Now I will read the posts - cameras AND cars (that prancing horse is a delight to behold!)!

Sorry to interrupt this discussion about cars but I was just wondering whether Amazon was slapped on the back of the hand for releasing the 1Ds mk111 details too early or could it have perhaps been a planned leak? Even more interesting is whether this thread was a reaction to the Amazon indiscretion or planned leak? A case of “hold off buying the Canon folks, we've something in the pipeline”?

;-)

Frankly, 21 meg., 14 bit crammed into a 35mm sized sensor is not a worry for Hasselbald or any other 645 MF sized digital back maker. That horse left the barn some time ago. Those who converted to 35mm digital from MF have done so. It may eliminate some of the smaller sensor back offerings, but that was on it's way before Canon's announcement.

I have a standing order to replace my 1DsMKII. It most certainly won't be a replacement for the H3D/39 any more than the 16 meg MKII was a replacement for my 16 meg Kodak ProBack on a Contax 645.

Larger photosites win every time, as does Zeiss optics when compared to Canon's.

Horses for courses.

Funny looking XPan there, Marc...

Just kidding, although the Exie does have the requisite heft.

Just ask Simon!

Nick

I'm interested in why they would worry Keith? I do respect your opinion, so what am I missing?

Is it that it may encroach on the pro end of their business, which is really where the battle field is for MF digital? That a certain level of file quality is good enough?

I can say from experience that the H3D, and all the firmware/software advances they've made in the past year have been quantum leaps. The camera has become considerably faster, more reliable under stress, and more user friendly. I now find it easier to use than my Canon in terms of controls. They need to address the Flexcolor software, but most users know that is close to being done.

Interesting times.

Marc, whether we like it or not, Hasselblad have lost a vast share of the pro market to the DSLRs, do you honestly believe that they are not worried about losing further market share? I'm a Hasselblad user and fan but refuse to bury my head in the sand.

Interesting times indeed.

Back