Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New CFV 39 MPix back also for 20x cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mpx addiction is becoming very inconvenient. Maybe now I would not have to think about the Leica S2.

Saad

That happens to be exactly what marketing people at Hasselblad had in mind:
To keep Hasselblad users away from the Leica S2.

No matter what caused this sudden new action for the V series I think everybody is happy Hasselblad came with the CFV 39.
To encourage those who think waiting will see a price drop, forget it.
That is not going to happen. Once was enough.

I also received an HC-3 70 today. Nordin says the HC-3 has 4x magnification, the highest of the "prism" viewfinders. In comparing HC-3 to RM-2, the later appears to have 3x mag. (Nordin doesn't say but I assume it is the same mag as the RM (HC-4). To my eyes there appears to be a real difference in mag.

With the 39 MP back, the higher mag. prism may make critical focusing easier.

Steve

This does not concern the CFVI-II but the disadvantage of these finders is you do not see all of the 6x6 frame.
For the CFV39 this may be not the case.

This does not concern the CFVI-II but the disadvantage of these finders is you do not see all of the 6x6 frame.
For the CFV39 this may be not the case.

With both the HC-3 and RM-2, I think that I can see all four sides (metal edge) of the screen. I will look again when I have time to make sure that I am not mistaken.

Steve

According to the latest newsletter from HASSELBLAD , which I received today , delivery time will be the 3rd quarter of 2009 .
That is valid for the german market .
Patience is the mother of joy .

As the american market has always been a key market for HASSELBLAD , it might be , that the CFV-39 is available in the U.S earlier than here in Europe .

I heard from Hasselblad that they will start shipping next week. I don't know what the quantities are, or who gets how many, but I sure hope mine will ship next week.

it might be , that the CFV-39 is available in the U.S earlier than here in Europe .
B&H lists the CFV39, with price, but no "available" date. I wonder if the "big dealer" will get the first shipments over the "full service" dealers?

Steve

Hasselblad firmly believes in a first come first served policy.
Dealers who ordered the CFV 39 as soon as the price was available, some may even ordered the CFV 39 before that, will be the first to stock these backs.

130 posts in this thread make it a nice moment to open part II and close this thread.

As soon as the CFV 39 is sold to the public I will open another thread to hear first experiences.
I am anxious to find out where the "tilt sensor" special edition will land this time............

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back