Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Thanks and goodbye

Paul Kirchhoff (Polypal) wrote on May 04:

' 2007 - 2:24 pm,'

Well Paul
My experience is that the M8 is fantastic for portraits. the standard 50mm lens works out at 67mm and that gives a very nice perspective.

Some of my pics are on

realifeimages.co.uk

Well Simon Marc QG Gilbert and all
Thank you so much
Have a great weekend and good light to you all
Richard

Richard

I have always said , that the time will come where some guys will regret , that they sold their good Hassy gear .
Welcome back home in Hassy land .
happy.gif

Good light . Jürgen

> [Someone please explain why I am getting so many emails? I subscribed to > the forum recently but not this email thread! Ive got like 20 today alone= . > Can someone remove me please?]

Hello David,
You need to check you settings in your profile as to what you want or do not want to receive.
I recommend that you tick to receive everything though as there is much to be learned from the many interesting posts and you can join in!
Best wishes,
John

Isidor, the images I have seen from the M8 are indeed excellent. I think Marc uses his at weddings so it will be interesting to hear his views on it.

Re the SCA adapter, in addition to what the others said, have a look at Leica's web site and check the flash specs for the M8 - they tell you what adapter/s enable its TTL flash.

.... Oh and Isidor I forgot to say that I think parting with your XPan towards an M8 is a decision you may regret - 2 very different cameras. I think it is safe to say that there may never be another Xpan!

Whilst cropping M8 images to a panorama may seem an alternative, it will not be, due to the smaller image area limiting enlargement size. Even a cropped 35mm neg was no substitute for the XPan's 1.8x 35mm frame.

I use my XPan along side my M7 as well as my Hasselblad 6x6.

Back