Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

TECHNICAL CAMERA IMAGES .

Hi Jürgen, great pictures. I only photograph Medium Format (CFV 50C-II with 501 CM or 907x) but as I live in Basel close to you (I understand): do you know the former Potash Mine Rodolphe II (guided visits by former miners in French every Wednesday: https://www.carreau-rodolphe.com/) in Ungersheim. You are welcome to photograph, however "commerical use" requires consent. Here some impressions. Best regards, Adrian
01.jpg
  • Hasselblad - CFV II 50C/907X
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

02.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400
03.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 800
04.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/32
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400
05.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/12
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 800
06.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400
07.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400
08.jpg
  • XCD 30
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/20
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

@ adischaub

Thank you very much for your response and your images . I like them . I am shooting with all formats (MFT , APS-C , FF but most of all HB V-system with CFV39 , CFV 50 and 907 CFV II 50c . (also with ALPA and ARCASWISS)
You hit a nail with your images . I love industrial architecture , preferred older ones , as your images show .
I have been to VÖLKLINGEN some time ago , but unfortunately had to stop my shooting , due to serious health issues .

There are no interesting objects of my preference near where I live . Unfortunately . Therefore we have thousands of tourists . Over touristed .
I had a look for Ungersheim in Google Earth . Alsace is so beautiful . I might plan to go there .

Have you tried to develop the shown images in colour ?
These old objects have so much colour .

Best regards . jürgen .

@jotlob

many thanks for your kind feedback and thanks for sharing the tipp with Völklingen. I have put in on my "to go" List :)

I hope you find time and health to visit the the potash mine in Alsace: next to it is the Ecomusée, where they have relocated old alsacian houses and keep old crafts alive https://www.ecomusee.alsace/de/ Also nice phot motifs, although pre-industrial. But irrespective of picture taking defineitley a good place to take a break after the shooting with a Bretzel and a Gewürztraminer :)

I used to develop my analog pictures in my own darkroom in black&white for the sake of easiness and have kept it in the digital age. But I fully agree with you that these old objects have beautiful colours.- Some of these are no longer used today. I am also a stamp collector and always enjoy the fascination of the variety of colors used around the beginning of 20th century.

Last Sunday I drove through the Jura and took the shot below in a quarry (after having ignored several "no trespassing" signs....). The tree is far behind the quarry on another hill.

Take care and all the best, Adrian
20230219-B0010125-JPEG Bilder-2.jpg

@jotlob

many thanks for your kind feedback and thanks for sharing the tipp with Völklingen. I have put in on my "to go" List :)

I hope you find time and health to visit the the potash mine in Alsace: next to it is the Ecomusée, where they have relocated old alsacian houses and keep old crafts alive https://www.ecomusee.alsace/de/ Also nice phot motifs, although pre-industrial. But irrespective of picture taking defineitley a good place to take a break after the shooting with a Bretzel and a Gewürztraminer :)

I used to develop my analog pictures in my own darkroom in black&white for the sake of easiness and have kept it in the digital age. But I fully agree with you that these old objects have beautiful colours.- Some of these are no longer used today. I am also a stamp collector and always enjoy the fascination of the variety of colors used around the beginning of 20th century.

Last Sunday I drove through the Jura and took the shot below in a quarry (after having ignored several "no trespassing" signs....). The tree is far behind the quarry on another hill.

Take care and all the best, Adrian
View attachment 7510

Hello Adrian

The scene of the image is beautiful .
I don't want to criticise , I never do , but I would like to point out , that either the negative is over exposed or there was an issue with scanning .
Look at the stones (pebbles) , the high lights are blown out . The digital information of blow out whites can not be retrieved . The same is valid for blacks .
Regards . Jürgen .

Hello Adrian

The scene of the image is beautiful .
I don't want to criticise , I never do , but I would like to point out , that either the negative is over exposed or there was an issue with scanning .
Look at the stones (pebbles) , the high lights are blown out . The digital information of blow out whites can not be retrieved . The same is valid for blacks .
Regards . Jürgen .
Hi Juergen - many thanks for the kind feedback on the technical aspects. I really appreciate it, as I know (and have experienced myself) that sometimes well meant feedback is not well received. However in my pictures these technical "defects" are intentional and reflect my style as I like strong dynamics and often the blacks are too black and the whites too white. I am well aware that Amsel Adams wouldnt have appreciated this and that I would get a bad mark for any jury looking at my pictures based on the zone system :) See below an even "worse" example, which I shot last week on the street where I live and which I named "plane tree hunchback with his ravens" (der Platanenbucklige mit seinen Raben". Have a nice Sunday and hopefully some good shots in the beautiful sun. Best regards, Adrian
20230220-B0010144-JPEG Bilder-2.jpg

Back