Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Phocus 1.1.2 Mac & Phocus 1.0.1 Windows

Phocus 1.1.2 Mac - bugfix version

Highlights of issues fixed:
- Crash issue that could occur during tethered capture with H3DII-50 in portrait mode.
- Issues with RGB readout when in full screen mode.
- Handling of ColorSync profiles when being a non-admin or working with multiple users.
- Issues with color handling, when dragging the viewer between more monitors.
- Improved stability when running in 32-bit mode on first generation Intel Mac's.

Phocus 1.0.1 Windows - bugfix version

Highlights of issues fixed:
- Color rendering when working with an icc calibrated monitor.
- Distribution of light in the histogram R,G,B channels are now correct.
- Issues with exporting to DNG have been fixed.
- Color wheel lightness now active.
- Set path to active capture destination when importing files.

For a complete list of fixes and added features, please read the Phocus read-me file.

To download Phocus directly from this message, click this link: Download Phocus

For an easy overview of the basic features of Phocus, please see our video tutorials available at this link: Watch video tutorials

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Problem with phocus 1.01

Hi I got this error message after installing phocus 1.01 from hasselblad. I´ve got an Nvida geoforce 9600 card and it did worked well with phocus 1.0, but not now...:-(

The button says (in swedish) "try again" and "cancel"
When I press try again several times it says I´ve got problems with direct X..??

Anyone have a solution how to solve this?

I´ve tried to install the latest DirectX but it does not help

Attachments

• phocus1.jpg
    EXIF
    phocus1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 211
  • phocus1.jpg
    EXIF
    phocus1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 212
  • phocus2.jpg
    EXIF
    phocus2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 210
  • phocus2.jpg
    EXIF
    phocus2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 211
Hi!

I get the same problem with the GDI+ message, but not the direct x message. Anyway, Phocus won't launch. 1.0 worked also on my computer as good as it did.

Is anybody using the windows version 1.0.1 without problems?

br Valtteri

Hi!

I get the same problem with the GDI+ message, but not the direct x message. Anyway, Phocus won't launch. 1.0 worked also on my computer as good as it did.

br Valtteri

GDI is (if I remember correctly) the Graphics Device Interface. So it is loosely related to your graphics card interface in Microsoft Windows. (GDI is also used in the context of printers etc, but my guess is that the message here is related to the display).

For whatever that is worth..

Wilko

Thanks for the information! I'm now of to the studio and going to do a testshoot tethered to a mac book pro and using the latest version of Phocus for mac.

GDI is (if I remember correctly) the Graphics Device Interface. So it is loosely related to your graphics card interface in Microsoft Windows. (GDI is also used in the context of printers etc, but my guess is that the message here is related to the display).

For whatever that is worth..

Wilko

Yes GDI is related to graphics Device interface, ive also checked my graphic drivers and update them but it does not help. The Direct X problem occur when i Pushed the "try again" button several times. Also checked my registry to clean out all old stuff from Phocus 1.0 but neither that helped. And when I now see that Valtteri has the same problem I gues the problem is strictly on the software itself.

Yes GDI is related to graphics Device interface, ive also checked my graphic drivers and update them but it does not help. The Direct X problem occur when i Pushed the "try again" button several times. Also checked my registry to clean out all old stuff from Phocus 1.0 but neither that helped. And when I now see that Valtteri has the same problem I gues the problem is strictly on the software itself.

I found this MS link which discusses GDI, I will look into this further.
In the mean time, I suggest using Phocus 1.0

Paul

Reupload Phocus 1.0

Could someone at Hasselblad reupload version 1.0 for those who might struggle with this update. Br Peder

GDI + error in Phocus 1.01

I have the same problem, GDI+ error, in Phocus 1.01 with NVIDIA GTX 260.
Phocus 1.0 is still working correctly.
It seems that "GDI+ error" is cause by a basic programing error.

use PM function

@ Pederw,

Maybe use the pm function to send a message to Paul Claesson to ask attention for your question.
All users that receive a pm are notified by a message in their mail box.

Paul

FWIW I have Phocus running fine on a Thinkpad T61p, WinXP and an Nvidia
Quadro FX 570M (256MB). I did uninstall Phocus 1.0 before installing the new version.

FWIW I have Phocus running fine on a Thinkpad T61p, WinXP and an Nvidia
Quadro FX 570M (256MB). I did uninstall Phocus 1.0 before installing the new version.

Have Vista 32 bit, 4gb ram,Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.83GHz, Nvida geoforce 9600 uninstalled phocus 1.0 before install as well but didn´t help.

All my drivers are updated as well according to www.driveragent.com

my specs

Have vista 32 bit, 4 gb ram, Nvida Geoforce 9600, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, all drivers updated according to driveragent.com, still didn´t work. Also uninstalled Phocus 1.0 before installing 1.01

Have vista 32 bit, 4 gb ram, Nvida Geoforce 9600, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, all drivers updated according to driveragent.com, still didn´t work. Also uninstalled Phocus 1.0 before installing 1.01

Time for a poll: are there people who have Phocus 1.01 running successfully on Windows Vista?

Maybe a Vista-only thing?

Wilko

Hi!

br Valtteri

Yep, absolutely no problems here. Just processed an entire shoot with not one problem.

Intel Core 2 Quad
Windows XP Sp3
3gb RAM
GeForce 8500 GT

Regards

David

How to launch Phocus 1.0.1 with Windows Vista.
Navigate to Phocus.exe file in the file manager.
And, Right-click on it to invoke the Context menu.
Select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.
Check Compatibility mode and select Windows XP.
Then, Double-Click Phocus.exe.

Pc//mac

It seems MAC owners are having less problems and receive their new software much faster than owners of Windows systems.

It invites me to take a look at this "fruit" brand of computers.

How to launch Phocus 1.0.1 with Windows Vista.
Navigate to Phocus.exe file in the file manager.
And, Right-click on it to invoke the Context menu.
Select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.
Check Compatibility mode and select Windows XP.
Then, Double-Click Phocus.exe.

I´ve tried this with no success unfortunately, makes me a bit sad to see that a high end camera and it´s software lacks. Hasselblad now facing a new generation of photgraphers that has more experience in digital, and also higher demands of software, i´m used to lightroom and it works superbeerb. No intention to start a flame discussion, but this update is not enough tested before release. Three days after seeing the first sign of version 1.01 not working still no reaction to put up version 1.0 again on Hasselblad.com.

Problems

Apparently software is not the only problem Hasselblad faces these days.

Unacceptable that it takes almost a year to produce software for other operating systems than Apple Macintosh.
When at last this software comes available it is unusable because of bugs.

Three days after these bugs are reported there is not even an answer that the problem is recognised and has the attention of the people responsable for it.

Back