Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

introduction helpguide manual

Gilbert,
I went to hasselblad usa and I couldn't find it.
Thier FAQ said they didn't have manuals available for older cameras... guess I missed it... thanks for the info I will return there.

Johnny

Sorry, that is where I got mine it is titiled
Hasselblad_500CM_manual. If you can send me your email address and have Adobe I will email it to you.

Gilbert

It sure seems a lot of us are looking for a 500C manual. If anybody does have a copy which can be e-mailed or downloaded, please count me in. I surely would be most gratefull.

I just noticed that at the very top of this page is a link to Manuals... they have a pdf file of the 500cm manual listed there. Gawd I love this site!

Hello,
I have the manual in a pdf file of the 500CM which i will send it at someone who will it.
I send it to one person of this forum and then he distribute them because i'm going to holiday for a month so... who want it? Take 3587K of place!.

bye.

I just purchsed a 24 exposure back, but it has a film advance winder that is different from the crank type -- like the old S12 winder. Does anyone have a manual for this back? Does it load differently. compared to the A24? When I tested it without film, after a certain number of turns, it stopped on number 1, unlike the S12 that had to be reset to 1. I would appreciate any enlightenment. Is it automatic? It seems so, but I am not sure. Thanks

Hello, I was just wondering if any of you know what the differences between the 500c and the 500cm? I'm biding for a 500cm on ebay, its very exciting!

scott

on the cm, you can change the focussing screen yourself... on the c, you need a pro technician to do it. That's all the diffirence is (I think).

Steve

Scott,

In addition, later versions of the C/M lost the flash sync port on the body, and later the cable hook hole. The flash sync on the body is useful only for special applications, and won't be missed (the lenses have sync ports). The cable hook was used to keep the cable from being pulled out of the sync ports on the old "C" type lenses. The later "CF" series of lenses had a better designed flash sync port. A rubber band can serve as a cheap substitute if one has a problem with a loose sync cable/port connection.

I purchased a used Hasselblad 500C/M kit from KEH a little over a year ago, and have been very happy with it. Mine was from 1972 which includes the two features that eventually were removed from the 500C/M.

Taras

To load a Hassy back you might just as well check a modern 501 or 503 manual, it's identical. The only difference being that the modern backs have a small mark next to the arrow for Ilford film loading.
There are several ways to load the film incorrectly, most common mistake is loading the film like Gilbert explained and indeed in return you should get a nice entirely unexposed strip of film back. Happens to many people the first times. Not until you shoot 20-30 films per day should you attempt loading with one hand only. :)

Back