Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hasselblad V Series Images - Continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurgen there is plenty of rain in Melbourne. You'd better bring an umbrella!

icon7.gif

Kim

Kim

According to "wether online" it is beautiful sunshine and 15 C in Melbourne .
My friend was shurely away for a street shooting at sunshine .
I might go out for a "rain shooting" .

Jürgen

Jurgen, your abode awaits you here in OZ! :) Beautiful one day and perfect the next!:) Just check out our tourism advertisements! So, to quote the Aussie model in the ads, Lara Bingle: "Where the bloody hell are you?!"

That reminds me, the Poms actually banned our tourism ads from UK TV! Seems they must have been worried 80% of their population would have defected to OZ!

Now, baco to serious matters :)....

I am praying for some pretty light this weekend so that I may put the 2 superb Ektars (film and "lobster" :) ) that recently arrived from Germany to good work!!!

Paul, that "yellow bird" is something I envy - I recall Marc's one too - what a great colour combo!

Of course you are probably familiar with the other (the "real") Yellow Bird - a product of Alois Ruf's genius (RUF Porsche 911 CTR) - that set records around the original Nürburgring (othewise known as the "Ring"). Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_CTR

Certainly Jurgen has no excuse for not being aware of this important historic event!! :)

Gary,
I enjoyed your beautiful image - the back did it justice too!

Beautiful Allgäu , beautiful Allgäu . :z04_head_wall: Beautiful rain , Beautiful rain .

I have not seen a day without rain since about 4 weeks .

I am desperate and think of selling all my camera gear and buy a gigantic umbrella . Then it will be dry , but I will not have any gear anymore .
What shall I do ? ? ?

I think , I will emigrate to O.Z. I have a very good friend down there .
And he has already shown me homes , where I could live .
And . . . . . . he is a HASSELBLAD freak as well . Great . And a FUC member as well .
Jürgen

I am confused.

Who am I to trust: Simon whom I know for quite a while or Kim who simply says bring an umbrella.
I understand Kim does not write bring an umbrella to avoid rain coming down, what often happens,
but to shield my poor body from heaps of unwanted water.

Or is it typical for OZ to rain only on one side of the street.
In that case I advise Kim to cross the street and leave those umbrellas at home.

Before I call Quantas I will ask for the weather forecast for the coming week.
Can't stay longer although I should.

Paul

A recent shot with the 503CWD-II and 40mm CFE IF lens. Chugach Mountains and the Matanuska River (in Alaska).
Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Gary

If you find , that your DISTAGON 40mm IF is too heavy to carry , this might be a solution for you .
But , it needs some care , as with all vintage gear .

_1000196-1.jpg

Have a nice weekend . Jürgen

Attachments

• _1000196-1.jpg
    EXIF
    _1000196-1.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 22
Very clever Jurgen! :)

Well Paul, It is likely Kim was suggesting a very large umbrella to protect oneself from our strong sunshine! :)

But, like you suggested, in Melbourne we cannot only have all 4 seasons in the one day, it can be a wet winter on one side of the street, while a gorgeous Autumn day on the other!! :)

By the way, just in case you were unaware, down here we are experts in "pulling a leg" and "spinning a yarn"! :) :) :)

Simon's right -we are experts at leg-pulling. I know several people who are now much taller than they used to be.
icon12.gif

By the way, just in case you were unaware, down here we are experts in "pulling a leg" and "spinning a yarn"! :) :) :)

Kim, Simon,

Leg pulling is my natural habit.

Ask Jürgen what he has been through these last years.
It took him quite a while but now he enjoys both having his leg pulled and to do some pulling himself.
He even invented a new German phrase for it: "Ans Bein ziehen"

Paul

Leg pulling

To all forum friends

If you read the unwritten rules of this forum , you will recognize ,
that "leg pulling or yarn spinning" is only allowed once a week .
For the rest of your presence in this forum , you have to discuss HASSELBLAD related things only .
For example , V-SYSTEM lens corrections in PHOCUS or CFV TILT SENSOR issues . :z04_photos: And many more discussions are very welcome .

Jürgen

Good idea.
Load times are also influenced by the servers capacity that is getting near its limit.
Too many large image files!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back