Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hasselblad V Series Images - Continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonpg

If Keith will forgive me, I have opened a new thread to continue his excellent idea of showing and discussing pictures - our reason for our passionate commitment to the V Series! :) The original thread he started is now very long and takes a while to load.

So, here are a few "snaps" I took before Christmas while up staying with friends in New South Wales - colour and B&W.

I have just noticed that my membership now enables me to post larger images - so please excuse the 500x500 ones posted here.

This is of my friend's partners new Harley - a "lady's" version! :) I thought it was a great location to show it for obvious reasons. I was thrilled about getting the sparkle from the front wheel.

501CM; CFE 80mm f2.8; Provia 400.

Attachments

• Guy-Harley-6x6-500jpg.jpg
    EXIF
    Guy-Harley-6x6-500jpg.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Guy-Harley-6x6-500jpg.jpg
    EXIF
    Guy-Harley-6x6-500jpg.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
Taken at the original Maitland Jail - this was the high security prison for the most serious criminals. Just love the razor wire! :)

501CM; CFE 80mm f2.8; Ilford 400.

Attachments

• maitland-jail-B&W-6x6.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-B&W-6x6.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 25
  • maitland-jail-B&W-6x6.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-B&W-6x6.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 25
Another taken but from inside the jail - an "atmospheric" image which I hope gets its message across.

501CM; CFE 80mm f2.8; Fuji Reala 100. This film is 5 years out of date - thank God for the freezer.

This cell was 1st class section. The prisoner had a door to his own outdoor area the same size as his cell - never allowed to mix with other prisoners!

Attachments

• maitland-jail-cell-6x6.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-cell-6x6.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 16
  • maitland-jail-cell-6x6.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-cell-6x6.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 16
One early morning we went to the first graveyard in the city which has been closed for at least 50 years - sadly no one looks after this site anymore. The small stone is that of a child and the large stone is of his mother. These were dated in the 1880s.

Unfortunate any "ideal" positions to make shots in this small cemetery would have modern houses in background - tight shooting!

501CM; CF 120mm f4; Fuji Reala.

Attachments

• maitland-graves-mum+child-5.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-graves-mum+child-5.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 24
  • maitland-graves-mum+child-5.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-graves-mum+child-5.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 24
This is a B&W of a very inviting exercise yard door at the Maitland Jail! :)

What a way to spend your life!

501CM; CFE 80mm f2.8; Ilford 400.

Attachments

• maitland-jail-cell-B&W-6x6-.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-cell-B&W-6x6-.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 21
  • maitland-jail-cell-B&W-6x6-.jpg
    EXIF
    maitland-jail-cell-B&W-6x6-.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 21
Big is beautiful

Hello Simon,

Impressive pictures of the Maitland jail.
How long did you stay there? :lol:

Pictures are most welcome. That is what we are all interested in
Congratulations on your new status: club member.
Please use the extra upload facility. Your pictures are certainly worth it.

Paul

I really like the motorcycle picture.

Below:

503CW + Planar CFE 2.8/80mm.
Ilford Delta 100.

Attachments

• 3167825891_4357461805_o.jpg
    EXIF
    3167825891_4357461805_o.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 3167825891_4357461805_o.jpg
    EXIF
    3167825891_4357461805_o.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31
Same idea, different location :)
Same idea, different camera (Mamiya twin lens reflex)....please forgive me! I've had a few too many glasses of good wine this evening. :z04_5769:

Cleveland, Ohio...Mamiya C220, 80mm lens, film and scan....I can't remember :z04_5769:

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
where it is finally above zero degrees F and we are CELEBRATING!!!

Attachments

• Cleveland Trees-2.jpg
    EXIF
    Cleveland Trees-2.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Cleveland Trees-2.jpg
    EXIF
    Cleveland Trees-2.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 34
This is of my friend's partners new Harley - a "lady's" version! :)

Great photo Simon! I can appreciate the beauty of this motorcycle (and your photo), even though, I'll admit it....Harley Davidsons are not my "type".

Personally....I'm more of a BMW rider. :)

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
Only 4 more months before I can get my 1100RT back on the road

Attachments

• IMG_2161 RT in Hope Alaska-BW-2.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_2161 RT in Hope Alaska-BW-2.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2161 RT in Hope Alaska-BW-2.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_2161 RT in Hope Alaska-BW-2.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 25
Great posts gentlemen. Some lovely creative "moods" too. MF B&W is always a joy to see.

I do agree that the Harley is not my type either. So I have posted (again) a "real" bike!!

You may recall this image was taken on my first roll of film shot by the magnificent 1600F with its wonderful Zeiss 80mm Tessar f2.8 made possible by Jurgen ably assisted by Paul's contacts for a beautifully done CLA. The Tessar lens produces nothing short of a beautiful fingerprint.

This time I can post a decent sized image enabled by my new membership!! :)

Attachments

• Hasselblad-1600F-Ducati-100.jpg
    EXIF
    Hasselblad-1600F-Ducati-100.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Hasselblad-1600F-Ducati-100.jpg
    EXIF
    Hasselblad-1600F-Ducati-100.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 52
Old timers

Hello Simon,

Every time again I am amazed what these "oldtimers" are capable of.
I mean classic Hasselblad cameras of course.

Like you and Gary HD motor cycles are not my cup of tea.
I am strongly in favor of other two cylinders like this Italian thorough bred or any of the long line of BMW boxers or flat twin motorcycles as they are often called.
The two cylinder made BMWs reputation and saved the company after a period of strange products often revered to as K models.

Paul

Like you and Gary HD motor cycles are not my cup of tea.
I am strongly in favor of other two cylinders like this Italian thoroughbred or any of the long line of BMW boxers or flat twin motorcycles as they are often called.

Benelli Sei ?

Wilko

This Ducati looks like the new retro 750 Sport though, isn't it? I love that bike to death, and would love to own one. What is it called, Sport 1000 Biposto or something?

Benelli Sei ?

Wilko

I had one of those!
Not the bike I keep the best memories of.
After the Benelli I had several 1000 CBX bikes.

It took me a while to find out my style of riding was not meant for 6 cylinder bikes.
These are great in a straight line. Any curves need a lot of guts and energy to do them properly. Just too much hard work.
Not for the lazy at heart like me.

I had one of those!
Not the bike I keep the best memories of.
After the Benelli I had several 1000 CBX bikes.

It took me a while to find out my style of riding was not meant for 6 cylinder bikes.
These are great in a straight line. Any curves need a lot of guts and energy to do them properly. Just too much hard work.
Not for the lazy at heart like me.

Benelli Sei was smallish bike compared to a CBX1000. And much smaller than the CBX1100F2 (with full fairing). Bloody impressive to sit on one. I never rode one, never got further than the CB900F2 Bol d'Or. CBX1000 and 1100 had more power and engine than a decent frame.

The biggest brute was of course the Kawasaki Z1300. Wow..

Wilko

These are great in a straight line. Any curves need a lot of guts and energy to do them properly.

It's the winding roads I love too....I can't stand the interstate highways or any straight road longer than a mile or two. :)

For a 600 lb motorcycle, my RT handles very well and loves to take the curves....not as well as a Ducati of course, but that's a whole different cup of tea.

And while I love the BMW Boxer twins.....I've had several opportunities to ride a "flying brick" BMW K1200GT and there's something to be said for the smooth turbine like power of these motorcycles.....holy cow....they are fast, smooth and stable....perfect for a high speed run on an autobahn....too bad we don't have those here in America. :-((

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Carsten,
I think the bike I shot was a model below the 999 - 696 I suspect.

Thanks for the nice comment Gary.

Paul,
a quick question - when I posted the 800x800 image it does not display full size unless you click on the image (previously I have seen other large image postings that are displayed full size in the thread) That's OK, BUT, tonight when I did click on it, it refused to open a new page to display the full size image. Am I doing something wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back