Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

B&W Images here.....

might as well bring in the others from the other thread here where they belong in the B/W section:

Attachments

• Ape_hassy1.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy5.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy5.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 8
  • Ape_hassy14.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy14.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy27.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy27.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Ape_hassy28.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy28.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy29.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy29.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Ape_hassy1.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy5.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy5.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy14.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy14.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy27.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy27.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Ape_hassy28.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy28.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy29.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy29.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
the rest of what Ive done so far.....well, a few more, don't want to bore you all too much....my plan is to take loads more over time do something with the images....they are Gibraltar's No. 1 Tourist Attraction.....would be cool to produce a book on them actually....thinking out loud here.....after I started the project I came across Nick Brandt's work in Africa all shot on film too and that has given me more energy to see it through. His shots are amazing given the fact its easy for me to get close to these macaques but hardly easy for him to get the animals he's shooting in Africa!!!! chapeau Brandt
http://www.nickbrandt.com/portfolio.cfm?nK=8877&nS=0&nL=1
Ah, everything is hand-held Hasselblad 2000 FC/M with 150mm or 250mm C lenses. The 80mm not used yet.

Actually, I'm thinking of taking my Sinar F2 + 150mm lens with Polaroid Type 55 up there too to compliment all this....would be cool....I can only imagine the look of the tourists when they see me with a cape over me and a camera that looks like its from the 1930's.....

Attachments

• Ape_hassy22.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy22.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Ape_hassy16.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy16.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Ape_hassy15.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy15.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Ape_hassy12b.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy12b.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Ape_hassy18.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy18.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy20.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy20.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy22.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy22.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Ape_hassy16.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy16.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Ape_hassy15.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy15.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Ape_hassy12b.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy12b.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Ape_hassy18.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy18.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • Ape_hassy20.jpg
    EXIF
    Ape_hassy20.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 9
the rest of what Ive done so far.....well, a few more, don't want to bore you all too much....my plan is to take loads more over time do something with the images....they are Gibraltar's No. 1 Tourist Attraction.....would be cool to produce a book on them actually....thinking out loud here.....after I started the project I came across Nick Brandt's work in Africa all shot on film too and that has given me more energy to see it through. His shots are amazing given the fact its easy for me to get close to these macaques but hardly easy for him to get the animals he's shooting in Africa!!!! chapeau Brandt
http://www.nickbrandt.com/portfolio.cfm?nK=8877&nS=0&nL=1
Ah, everything is hand-held Hasselblad 2000 FC/M with 150mm or 250mm C lenses. The 80mm not used yet.

Actually, I'm thinking of taking my Sinar F2 + 150mm lens with Polaroid Type 55 up there too to compliment all this....would be cool....I can only imagine the look of the tourists when they see me with a cape over me and a camera that looks like its from the 1930's.....

That's a great series Stephen.

The book is a good idea too. You could even put a Blurb book together yourself for very little cost. www.blurb.com

Hey Seoirse, thanks for the positive comment.

Yes indeed, I wasn't aware of Blurb precisely but my lab (in Spain) also produces these books so its a great way to produce a one-off to show people you might want on-board to help out with the project.....I'd like an expert on board to write about the macaques I would say.....

That's a great series Stephen.

The book is a good idea too. You could even put a Blurb book together yourself for very little cost. www.blurb.com

Hi everybody and I am new to the Forum and want introduce myself as a Hasselblad devoted and addicted. Please be nice to me and I am glad to be here to learn more from you and share my pleasure and experience with you all guys.
Thanks for all the beautiful images I have seen here. I am very happy to see all of these images and thanks for sharing!

Welcome here Cyril.

No fear, this is a friendly forum where users respect and help each other.

Questions?
Just ask!

Vic.

A couple of B&Ws - digital images converted in CS4

After doing the Landscape Workshop in NZ I realised I had been ignoring B&W for a long time, these are a couple of results of my experimentation.

4684646652_fff71831e8.jpg

4669960701_4a6d57e8bf.jpg

Thanks for the Welcome.

I did not mean to be as such, but I know Hasselblad community is unic and more advance in the spirit of Photography. I have more reasons to present myself in that way as an advance Amateur in this field. So I apolagise, and Big thank for your welcome in behalf of the Forum. Nice to get to know about you.

Regards
Cyril.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Welcome here Cyril.

No fear, this is a friendly forum where users respect and help each other.

Questions?
Just ask!

Vic.

I did not mean to be as such, but I know Hasselblad community is unic and more advance in the spirit of Photography. I have more reasons to present myself in that way as an advance Amateur in this field. So I apolagise, and Big thank for your welcome in behalf of the Forum. Nice to get to know about you.

Regards
Cyril.

Analog 6 B&W trees

Those are wonderful images, I especially like the lower gnarled tree - spectacular in B&W.
Thanks for sharing, S.

S. Boston

Panoramic. my older hd3-50.

BlasR

Attachments

• S-Boston,B&W[Group-1]-Sept-5-2009_0039_prv_Sept-5-2009_0040_prv-2-images.jpg
    EXIF
    S-Boston,B&W[Group-1]-Sept-5-2009_0039_prv_Sept-5-2009_0040_prv-2-images.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 26
  • S-Boston,B&W[Group-1]-Sept-5-2009_0039_prv_Sept-5-2009_0040_prv-2-images.jpg
    EXIF
    S-Boston,B&W[Group-1]-Sept-5-2009_0039_prv_Sept-5-2009_0040_prv-2-images.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 26
Patas Monkey - San Francisco Zoo

picture.php

Saw this Patas monkey at the San Francisco Zoo. Everyone was shooting close-ups of it with their high power zooms and their digital cameras. All I had was a 553ELX and a 120mm lens attached. I shot ONE photo since it was the last frame in the roll of film...of course. When I went to put the 2x teleconverter and color film into the back the monkey was gone.

I'm sure we can forgive a Hassy user posting an occasional non-Hassy image.

Your posting of the earlier vintage cameras' output reminds me that I have been remiss and not been out shooting with the 1600F, nor have I played enough with the Kodak 135mm lens.

Oh dear, Jurgen should be onto me about that!! :) Sorry my friend!

Every time I pick up even a late 500 series camera or a vintage camera I am reminded about what photography is about: WHAT'S IN THE FRAME!!

Electronic AF and auto-everything cameras distracted us enough and now digital imaging is adding the that. So, I find I really need to discipline myself when using any digi-cam.

Nice shooting!

Back