Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

#52051 Meter Prism Finder Inst Book

Repair manual

How about repair manual for this prism?
I got one - probably dead, but maybe I can fix it somehow.

Tom

How about repair manual for this prism?
I got one - probably dead, but maybe I can fix it somehow.

Tom

I have two myself, couldn't get them to work with Wein Cells. I cleaned the battery contacts -real good- with pencil eraser, and put in CRIS Adapters with Silver Watch Batteries. Now both of mine work great, and they -even- give me identical light readings!

I have no idea why the Wein Cells won't work right, but I think they weren't making a good connection with the battery contacts in the meter. Just my guess.

Do you suggest to buy this adapter: MR-9 Mercury Battery Adapter ?
tom

Yes, CRIS MR9 adapters are in my Meter Prisms, and they are both working just fine. I was out just now using my 500C/M with 135mm F5.6 Planar-S/Manual Bellows combo, shooting handheld images in very cold weather. Exposed 45 frames of 70mm Kodak Surveillance Film in a A70 back.

Urban landscape and a walk in my snowy woods. The meter worked just great.

I have two myself, couldn't get them to work with Wein Cells. I cleaned the battery contacts -real good- with pencil eraser, and put in CRIS Adapters with Silver Watch Batteries. Now both of mine work great, and they -even- give me identical light readings!

I have no idea why the Wein Cells won't work right, but I think they weren't making a good connection with the battery contacts in the meter. Just my guess.

I have one old myself. I opened it up and the needle had jumped out of its psition. Its tricky to get it into the right position. Firstly one really must know where the "zero" position is, secondly there is a large magnet that makes positioning difficult.
Unless the cogg-wheel which connects the needle to Prism is worn out it should be doable.

Back