Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What do I lose?

What do I lose by batch converting my 3FR images from Flexcolor to DNG files and simply working in Photoshop? I know about the DAC/vignetting options that Flexcolor offers, but anything else?

Also, is there anything/any feature Flexcolor has that Photoshop does NOT have?

Thanks in advance.

Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com

What do I lose by batch converting my 3FR images from Flexcolor to DNG files and simply working in Photoshop? I know about the DAC/vignetting options that Flexcolor offers, but anything else?

Also, is there anything/any feature Flexcolor has that Photoshop does NOT have?

Thanks in advance.

Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com

Derek:

It's my experience that color and - especially - shadow detail/noise levels are superior in Flexcolor. The primary advantage/difference aside from that are the DAC corrections.

Steve Hendrix

do DAC corrections work with HC lenses or only on HCD lenses?

Actually, which corrections are additional with HCD, that are not already present on HC lenses?

Pascal, Yes, selecting the DAC options in Flexcolor has an effect on any HC lens. The distortion control has more of a visible effect on wider angle lenses (i.e. 50mm).

Derek Jecxz
www.jecxz.com

Back