Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Unknown Hasselblad extension tube??

trophy

Amongst some Hasselblad parts I purchased there is what looks like an extension or spacer tube ( without anything inside except the lens operating mechanism ) and when I matched it with a 4/150, the vision was there but it was overlayed with the ground glass viewfinder which gave it a dark, textured look. What could the tube be for?
It measures 2.5" deep (overall) and is marked Hasselblad, Sweden and 55 No s/n.
Thank you. Regards.

Not unknown!

You have an extension tube from the first series, the 55 mm one.
The first series had 10, 21 and 55 mm tubes.

Extension tubes are used to capture objects that are closer to the lens in order to get a larger image on the negative.
The tube enables you to get closer than the minimum object distance.
55mm extension with the 150 gives a distance of 547 mm.
The size of the object that fills the frame with this combination is 150 mm.
You will have to compensate for loss of light with 1 stop.

If it is not something you will be using you can offer it for sale in the classified section.

trophy

Please go to thread "help with lens mounting" , started by flashmxfreak at the 28.12.2008 and read posting #16 . You will find important information .

Jürgen

Mant thanks for your info. I'm still confused why the image is textured by the viewfinder glass. I have 50, 80, 120, 150 lenses...which would be best used with this extension for closest work?
regards, Trophy.

Mant thanks for your info. I'm still confused why the image is textured by the viewfinder glass. I have 50, 80, 120, 150 lenses...which would be best used with this extension for closest work?
regards, Trophy.

The 120 is the lens most suitable for macro work.
Please note:

First fit the extension ring on the body and after that connect the lens to the ring.
Disassembly is the reverse fo the fitting order.
This prevents a lock up of the ring and or lens to the body.

Back