Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Special 100 mm Planar

polypal

I was lucky to find a 100 mm Planar lens from the MK series.
The MK series are special lenses bodies and filmbacks produced for fotogrammetrie, scientific photography.

Hasselblad made a special ELM body for that purpose as well as an SWC camera fitted with the motordrive from an ELM.
The cameras are finished in the well known yellow leatherette.

These lenses were also used by NASA.
The famous "blue marble" picture of the earth was made with the 100 MM Planar lens.
It looks like an ordinary 100 mm CF lens but it has an extra focusing scale, it misses the F mode and it has a different shutter operation.

CZ produced only a small number of these lenses.
They were built with very close tolerances using only the best glass elements
they could find.

Attachments

• 100CFMKa.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKa.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 100CFMKb.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKb.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100CFMKc.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKc.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 100CFMKd.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKd.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 100CFMKa.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKa.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 100CFMKb.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKb.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100CFMKc.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKc.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 100CFMKd.jpg
    EXIF
    100CFMKd.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 56
Paul

Congrats . That is a jewel for a collector . I have never seen a MK camera , except on an image .
But you forgot to mention , that there is no pancake version for that lens available .:z04_photos:

"These lenses were also used by NASA.
The famous "blue marble" picture of the earth was made with the 100 MM Planar lens.
It looks like an ordinary 100 mm CF lens but it has an extra focusing scale, it misses the F mode and it has a different shutter operation."

That reminds me of the Richard Nordin comment, that the most significant camera in the history of photography is on the Moon.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That is part of the old joke about free Hasselblad cameras.
Free Hasselblad cameras? Where can we get them?
On the moon you only need to get there!

It bothers me that the body that makes this lens and the viewer that I have complete is gathering dust in the moon.

Paul

Back