Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Remote cable releases


New Member
Will any type of generic cable release (ie the $8 ones that you'll find at Japan Camera and other run-of-the-mill photo shops) work with my 500C/M, or will I need a certain type specific to the Hasselblad system?
Geoff, Any type of mechanical cable release will work. Although one with Hasselblad's name on it may seem to sound a little smoother and refined!!!!
Ive used a number of cable releases. The most rugged that I have used is made by Hama. (Available from Robert White UK who will ship internationally)

Richard Marks
Another German company "Kaiser" makes a great cable release - rather heavy duty where the metal wire shilding is covered with a thick layer of transparant rubber/plastic. I alwas seem to get the ones with a black wowen textile to fall apart - cheers ruben
Other than a special twin cable release from Leitz, I have used a "Made in Germany",black woven textile one for the past 50 years!! No sign of falling apart. I guess they don't make them like they used to.
I've found the 'TUNDRA' Jumbo 20" cable release model 97 JCR 20 - as distributed by Statter Inc, Denver Co, 80207, and sold by Porters, and others to be perfect for the Hasselblad - retail about $30