Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Question of copying slides with Hasselblad Digital Back CFV100C

saga

Hi,

I recently acquire a 907X with CFV 100C. I will use it to copy 6x6 cm slides which were taken by 503cxi in the past 30 years. I have a Hasselblad bellow and a slide holder. My question is which lens I need to use to take photos with this setup?

DSC01664.jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • E 21mm F2.8
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

DSC01667.jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • E 21mm F2.8
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100
DSC01670.jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • E 21mm F2.8
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Thanks a lot.

This combination was designed for copying slides , as you want to do .
But I doubt the 5,6/135 CF S-PLANAR will work flawless to gether with the CFV 100 .
The lens was built in 1982 .

HB BALGEN 1.0.jpg

Dear jotloop,

Thanks for your information. I just try 5,6/135 CF S-PLANAR but I could not get a good focus on the slide. Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• DSC_7822.JPG
    EXIF
    DSC_7822.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_7827.JPG
    EXIF
    DSC_7827.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_7831.JPG
    EXIF
    DSC_7831.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 13
I have never copied slides . What size are your slides ? I believe , the slides must be in an absolute flat position which you should make sure .
On the other hand , your setup looks to be in a very unstable position .

IMG_2210.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone XR
  • iPhone XR back camera 4.25mm f/1.8
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 160

You need kinds of this setup. Your bellow for slide is not long enough, so you need extension tub to get 240mm extension for 1:1.37 ratio which for my P65+ back, and camera to lens front extension is 169mm something, you can get from hasselblad cal app, if using cfv50/100 need ratio 1:1.7, so 2 extension tube needed. You will need near 300mm extension from front lens to slide. Hope can help.

You can

IMG_2342.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone XR
  • iPhone XR back camera 4.25mm f/1.8
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/100 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 64

You shall use new auto bellow which is the only way to get necessary accessories. Old bellow can not support.

6x6 is 56mmx56mm
CFV 100C is 44mmx33mm
So one shot copy you need enlarge ratio 1:(56/33)=1:1.7

You need two extension tube, two auto bellows( one need altered to only use its base rail for extend slide bellow), one standard rod( connect one standard bellow and altered auto bellow rail) one extra length rod ( to connect twin tube with slide bellow)

There are possibility to get accessories from eBay.

Original bellow design for 1:1 copy.
Digital sensor all crop size, so ratio from 1:1.3 1:1.7 1:2.33, despond what camera you use.
The smaller sensor the longer extension slide bellow needed.
Original design for slide bellow only suit 1:1 shot, not support larger ratio. You need alter to meet your demand.
Another choice is using rigid copy stand which you can not using strobe for light sourcing which is superior than LED light box.

Hope can help

Does anyone know of a good Arca Swiss compatible plate for the 907X?

View attachment 7655

You need kinds of this setup. Your bellow for slide is not long enough, so you need extension tub to get 240mm extension for 1:1.37 ratio which for my P65+ back, and camera to lens front extension is 169mm something, you can get from hasselblad cal app, if using cfv50/100 need ratio 1:1.7, so 2 extension tube needed. You will need near 300mm extension from front lens to slide. Hope can help.

You can

I have never seen such a setup before . Looks great . Thanks for showing .

@Sandokan
I have a third party ARCASWISS compatible adapter for HASSELBLAD CFV backs . I got it through E-Bay .
If you want me to post an image , I will have to go to my other appartement and pick it up .

you can cal how much extension of bellow you need from above app.

Old hasselblad bellow slide can not mount film on it directly and very heavy. the extension rod or bar is very difficult to get it and I have never see longer bar sell on market.
So if you want using CFV to copy 6x6 film. you need to think about how you can manage the specific extension slide side bellow to keep it steady and compatible.
I have invested two set auto bellow and two extension tube with one standard rod and longer rod, just in case one day my P65+ pass away, I need to pick up CFV to finish my impossible mission of medium format film digitalization.

have fun. good luck.

ARCA HB 69.jpg
  • Apple - iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 mini back dual wide camera 5.1mm f/1.6
  • 5.1 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/100 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Here is the adapter plate ARCASWISS 6x9 to HB (any attachable back)

Sorry , my above post does obviously not belong to this thread .
Please disregard . Don't know , what was going wrong .

Back