Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

PinHole - calm sea

frozen_time

Hi!

Lately i got my pin hole cap for my Hassi and i tried it last weekend. The picture was made with the 503CWD and DBack, around 10 seconds exposure time @ ISO 50. What do you think about?

Thanks for looking & greetings!

Andy

Attachments

• A-10630-Dodge-Burn.jpg
    EXIF
    A-10630-Dodge-Burn.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 99
  • A-10630-Dodge-Burn.jpg
    EXIF
    A-10630-Dodge-Burn.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 98
Hello Andy,

I think you have spend too much money on a digiback so you have no funds for a decent lens? :( Just kidding.

The pinhole thing is a gimmick that is nice to experiment with.
Same goes for lenses that introduce all sorts of distortion.

Anything is allowed as long as it serves a purpose to get the image you are interested in.

Paul

Hello Andy

Can you please give me details about your pinhole gimmick ? ? ?
Where can you get one and what is the aprox. aperture ? ? ?
I would very much like to get one as well .
My ZEISS lenses are too good :)

Jürgen

Andy

Are you shure , you took the "pinhole shot " with a Dback ? ? Does Dback stand for Digital Back ? ?
It looks as if the shot was taken with a film back . See the marks on the left and on the top .

Jürgen :confused:

Hi Jürgen,

the infos for the toy first. :) The aperture is around 238 and the FOV is roughly the same as with a 80 mm Planar. You can contact Mr. Koza under pinhole-shop(at)web.de - he is very friendly & helpfull.

Yes - it is made with the CVF back. I think most of the pictures do need some small frame - so i used a scanned one of one of my negatives. I know some won't like it - but, it is not trimmed in any way, the camera is a hasselblad, the back is hasselblad. So the picture is as much hasselblad as it can be and so i dare to use this frame whenever i think it fits to the picture.

Greetings Andy

Andy
I think about getting a zero image 69 deluxe , just as a lovely handmade toy .
Jürgen

Back