Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Announcement New sister forum for Leica Q enthusiasts

dirk

MFF-Founder
Administrator
Dear members,

yesterday, Leica announced the new Leica Q3 43. This changed the Leica Q focus significantly from an "expensive" P&S to a broader Leica Q product line.

For years, the Leica Q was "only" a compact camera with a 28mm lens. Each new version was "just" an improved body with the same lens. But now this has changed. With the decision of Leica, to offer at the same time another Leica Q3 with a new 43/2.0 Apo lens, designed specifically for this 60MP sensor, they opened new opportunities and a path to a new Leica family, similar to the Leica M family.

It is no longer the question, whether you like 28mm or not. You have now the choice between 28/1.7 and 43/2.0 plus all different kind of variations thanks to the 60MP and its cropping capabilities up to 150mm.

This is a game changer. The Leica Q is no longer just a compact camera. The Leica Q family with its two variants is now an almost complete system as an alternative or as an addition to the Leica M or Leica SL (L-Mount) or to a Medium Format system. Fullframe, with a high resolution 60MP sensor, the option for pixelbinning if you do not want to have 60MP and the option to crop as much as you want to and still end up with enough resolution for high quality prints.

This is why I created yesterday a new forum, just for Leica Q users. I do think that this new product line deserves its own forum, because not all Leica Q aspirants are interested in Leica M and vice versa.

I invite all Leica Q interested people to join this Leica Q forum. Let's make this a great meeting point for everyone who is interested in a Leica Q camera. I ordered my Leica Q3 43 already and hope that it will arrive tomorrow.

Register now for free and do not miss my unpacking photos and the first images with the new Leica Q3 43!

www.leicaqforum.com

P.S.: Please spread the news about this new Leica Q forum!
P.S.2: You can talk of course also here about the Leica Q :)

Back