Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New section in Hasselbladinfo needed

qnu

Banned
Does the announcement of yesterday/today (23/24 August 2005) mean this section has to be renamed to plain "H", or must another section be added?

I see an H1 with new firmware, an Imacon back that now takes memory cards, an even closer tie of camera with (Imacon!) back ("cross-platform" apparently means making it more difficult for digital backs of other brands being used), loss of the film option.

I think renaming to plain "H" will do fine.
What do you think?

Hi

we added a H2/H2D section, since Hasselblad will surely come up with more models over the next 20 years
happy.gif

Exactly, the H1 and the new H2 are the same camera, so a H1D section may be the way to go.
Do you have a section for the Flexcolor Software? or the new DNG format?
Best,
Tom

May be sections should be (1)H1/H2 (2)Hasselblad Digital backs (3) H1D/H2D (4)Flexcolor software & (5) Hasselblad Scanners. The only difference between H1 & H2 looks like ability to turn on & off Digi backs from battery grip. The difference between H1D & H2D looks like ability of CF cards and the on/off switch on battery grip, as software can be updated for H1D. Though the Yahoo Forum for Imacon seems to be handle quite a lot of traffic for the software.

Hi

we have already sections for Hasselblad accessories. All discussion about digital backs can be undertaken there.

We have also a section for darkroom questions. IMO all software for the digital darkroom should go there.

If you find another structure more useful, we are open for any proposals/discussions.

The fact that we made a specific H2/H2D section was more because of the history. The H2/H2D is the first joint development after the merger of Hasselblad with Imacon...

"The H2/H2D is the first joint development after the merger of Hasselblad with Imacon..."

Not exactly true, that.
The H1D was.
(Even though all it was was a plain H1, with new batch, and a Imacon back in H1-trim bundled with it).

I think the current structure is fine.
Maybe the H1 bit needs "H1D" added to its name (but i repeat myself. Sorry!)

The question i had (still have) is whether the H2 differs enough to merit the new name (and a separate section).
But that's more about the camera than about the division of this nice Forum (though i have a profound aversion against the grey-on-grey 'design') into sections.

Back