Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New repair methods

polypal

There are times when a little gentle persuasion helps to get things undone.
Sometimes extra force and stronger methods are necessary.
That may even lead to the use of a blowtorch.

41235.jpg

41236.jpg

After that only brute force that will also cause damage to the object being repaired is unavoidable.
The subject of this attack is a 1000F camera that was stored many years in humid surroundings.
This caused severe corrosion that made this unconventional approach necessary.

Wow that is amazing. Thanks for the graphic images. I suspect you gave this body the appropriate burial and after-party?

z04_bier01.gif

Matt

This body had an as new focal plane shutter and many other parts
that will be usefull to restore other cameras.
So the buriel and after-party will have to wait till all usefull parts are removed.
A perfect donor so to speak.

Yes a perfect situation for sure. It made me think how many Hasselblads there are out there, either being used or hiding somewhere forgotten. On average do you know how many cameras were made a year in each model?

Also, the focal plane shutter, are they expensive to repair and difficult to repair? I note as a new Hasselblad user that when the back is off I need to be very careful of the shutter being so exposed.

regards
Matt

Just let me add that the shell of this camera had suffered from severe corrosion to the chrome as well and that an excellent 1000F shell had been found before so that all these parts in the end will form a very nice Hasselblad 1000F. Taking a saw was needed as even the use of a blowtorch was not sufficient to take the camera apart.

Ulrik

I forgot to mention that I have unearthed 1000F cameras in worse condition (even one barn find) that are running fine now. These are tough little things.

Ulrik

Thank you for the clock suggestion. Any other ideas what to do with it? I am looking forward to your ideas!

Ulrik

Hi Terry,

These pictures were sold to make the forum some money!
Dirk is still writing results in red, no kidding, and was looking for a way to compensate....

I have no idea what happened I can try to upload them again.
Could have something to do with the switch to new forum software.

There will be some more pictures from recent projects here in a little while.

Paul

Paul

I tried to find the images from the CFVBACK USER REPORT (both threads)
and could not find them either .
Will they be lost for ever ? ? ?

Regards Jürgen

The mystery is solved.
Apparently part of the letter code that designates these pictures was lost in the transfer to new software.
Dirk, our software magician found the problem and corrected it for this thread.
If any other similar problems exist with pictures in older threads please report these to me.
I will bring them to Dirks attention.

Paul

Paul

I believe that all image of the threads :
HASSELBLAD DIGITAL BACK user report continued and HASSELBLAD CFV USER REPORT are lost .

Now , here you are . You asked for it . :)

Jürgen

Jürgen,

No problem at all .
I will send this page to Dirk.
It's his problem from there on.

Paul

Hi Terry,

Wilko did a wonderfull job.
He could be an excellent newspaperman, the way he comes up with headlines that draw our attention.

Watch for the FUC section.
An interesting camera has surfaced recently with history.

Paul

Back