Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Need some help here.....

ComicDom1

Does anyone have a source for a 40720 adapter ring for the 50mm F lens to the Pro Shade? If so please email me direct or drop me a PM.

Thanks
Jason

I looked around for a while on the 'net and couldn't come up with one...If you are in the US, try calling KEH and ask if they will notify you if they get one in. You might also try calling EP LEVINE,LLC in Boston Mass.

Steve

I will be interested with Paul's or other heavy hitters answer. Looking at Nordin, it looks to me that for 93mm front mounts, the PRO shade 93 (40726) is needed and that shade used the mounting ring 93 (40720) and for the Pro shade (6093) uses the (40746) adapter.

Steve

Steve,

You are absolutely right with those adapters.
The 40726 pro shade is for 93 mm lenses only.
I am surprised it came S/H without the 40720 adapter.
Finding one of those without the proshade may proof difficult.

Jason may be better off finding a decent 6093T with 93 mm adapter.
All adapters for the 6093T are plastic except the 40746 for 93 mm lenses.
That one is an alloy model. Expensive but available.

Paul

I will be interested with Paul's or other heavy hitters answer. Looking at Nordin, it looks to me that for 93mm front mounts, the PRO shade 93 (40726) is needed and that shade used the mounting ring 93 (40720) and for the Pro shade (6093) uses the (40746) adapter.

Steve

Steve, I really appreciate you trying to help me. I have a 6093 and I also have the 40746 in my hands. For the life of me I cannot see how it would attach and work with the 6093 unless I am mistaken about the Shade I have. The 40746 screws into the front of the hood of the 50mm 2.8 The 40746 is marked 6093/093. I did my my 40746 at Keh but I got a used one. I believe the one that have listed is new.

Jason

Steve, I really appreciate you trying to help me. I have a 6093 and I also have the 40746 in my hands. For the life of me I cannot see how it would attach and work with the 6093 unless I am mistaken about the Shade I have. The 40746 screws into the front of the hood of the 50mm 2.8 The 40746 is marked 6093/093. I did my my 40746 at Keh but I got a used one. I believe the one that have listed is new.

Jason

I haven't a clue..Nordin isn't much help...Wildi 4th ed. shows how to set up 6093 on pg. 210 and 5th ed. pg. 226. Time for Paul to solve the problem.*g*

I haven't a clue..Nordin isn't much help...Wildi 4th ed. shows how to set up 6093 on pg. 210 and 5th ed. pg. 226. Time for Paul to solve the problem.*g*

I think I solved my own problem. Even though the lens shade I have was listed as a 6093T, I do not believe that is what I have. I have looked at many images and the 6093 does look different. The one I have has a silver slide and scale under it marked in black and has no clips to open the bellows part from the frame. So unfortunately I need to get a different shade. The frustrating part for me is that it came with the Bay 60 adapter ring, and I bought a Bay 50 Ring so I can use my C lenses with it as well. Oh well, I guess after I get the right one, the other gets to go on ebay. I guess I can consider any loss I get selling it as part of my education into the Hasselblad world.

Jason

I must admit it took me longer than I expected to sought out this problem.

First I trust Jason has the right components.
Without those no chance. Even with those it takes half an hour to find out what clever idea is behind all this.

The 93 mm adapter has two functions:

1. To fit the 6093(T) to a series of lenses with large diameter
2. To make the use of 100 mm filters possible with these lenses not necessarily in conjunction with the proshade.
The adapter will even allow the use of inlay filters with the 100 mm filters.
For that purpose it also has a retaining ring.

Step 1.

Reduce the lens diameter to 86 mm by removing the lens shade.
This goes for the 40 mm CF/CFE lens and the 50 mm F/FE lens.
For the 350 and 500 lenses the same goes take off the original lens shade.

proshade 1.JPG

Step 2.

Remove the filter retaining ring from the front of the adapter.
Open the 6093(T) so that the metal frame can be moved outwards from the body of the pro shade.

proshade 2.jpg

Step 3.

Near the hinge you will find two lips that will allow the adapter rim to be fitted under them.
Push the lock on the bottom LH corner and lock the adapter.
Keep the little screw on the adapter at about 18.30 and lock the adapter to the metal frame.

proshade 3.jpg

Step 4.

Fit the pro shade to the lens.
If this does not align properly loosen the little screw on the adapter ring and correct the alignment. To do this it is easier to open the hinged metal frame.
Tighten the screw and lock the metal frame.

proshae 4.jpg

Fitted proshade correctly aligned.
Filters can be fitted and removed from the adapter and the proshade as well.

proshade 5.jpg

I used a 500 ELM just to show the lens and the proshade.
Of course this lens has to be operated with 2000 or 200 series cameras.

Under normal circumstances this service is only available for Medium Format Club members.
I am sure Jason will find a way to subscribe to the forum and start the upload of images to show what he has done with his Hasselblad.

Paul

Attachments

• proshade 5.jpg
    EXIF
    proshade 5.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 70
  • proshae 4.jpg
    EXIF
    proshae 4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 70
  • proshade 3.jpg
    EXIF
    proshade 3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 71
  • proshade 2.jpg
    EXIF
    proshade 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82
  • proshade 1.JPG
    EXIF
    proshade 1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 70
Jason,

You probably have the 40676 proshade with a collapsable rail.
That one will not allow any lenses larger than 70 mm bay.

The use of the 93 mm adapter and the 6093(T) proshade is not as easy as it looks.

Another option is to keep the 40676 and get the right adapter ring for the 40726 proshade.
Add a 70 mm adapter to the 40676 and you are set for all lenses from 50 mm till 93 mm.
I am sure I have a 70 mm adapter to spare as well as a 6093T pro shade.

Paul

Paul, I have been looking for the 40720 if that is the 70mm adapter you are referencing. The lens shade I have does not swing open so it is not the 6093T you have shown here. So because of my lack of knowledge before coming to this forum, I believed what the seller represented.

I do have in my possession the bay 50, and 60 adapters for the 40726 if that is the correct one I have. All I know is this shade does not open. Apparently it was made that way. I think you mentioned a Pro Shade like that in another thread.

I am going to post up my images on PBase or my website so I can post some links to the images in here.

Jason

Jason,

The 40720 is the adapter that will allow fitting 93 mm lenses to the 93 mm pro shade that I think you have too.

If you want one pro shade that will fit all lenses go for the 6093T.
For that shade you can get 60/70/93 mm adapters.
With the ring that turns a bay. 50 into a bay. 60 size you have all lenses covered.

The other option is to find a 40720 adapter to use your 93 mm pro shade for those lenses and stick with the 40676 proshade for lenses from 50 till 70 mm.
The 40676 is a good shade that is well built using metal in stead of plastic.

You only need two rings, the 70 mm, I have that one for you new in box and the 40720 for the larger pro shade.

It is a confusing matter so if this is not clear send me a pm and I will help you.

Paul

Jason,

The 40720 is the adapter that will allow fitting 93 mm lenses to the 93 mm pro shade that I think you have too.

If you want one pro shade that will fit all lenses go for the 6093T.
For that shade you can get 60/70/93 mm adapters.
With the ring that turns a bay. 50 into a bay. 60 size you have all lenses covered.

The other option is to find a 40720 adapter to use your 93 mm pro shade for those lenses and stick with the 40676 proshade for lenses from 50 till 70 mm.
The 40676 is a good shade that is well built using metal in stead of plastic.

You only need two rings, the 70 mm, I have that one for you new in box and the 40720 for the larger pro shade.

It is a confusing matter so if this is not clear send me a pm and I will help you.

Paul

Paul I will send you a PM. I think I understand you, but the PM will probably clear things up.

Thanks,
Jason

"
You only need two rings, the 70 mm, I have that one for you new in box and the 40720 for the larger pro shade"

I think the 40720 is not so easy to find. I spent some time on the net last night looking..nada. It kinda like a treasure hunt.*g*

Steve

"
I think the 40720 is not so easy to find. I spent some time on the net last night looking..nada. It kinda like a treasure hunt.*g*

Steve

The proverbial needle in the haystack!
The 93 mm pro shade is pretty rare.
To find the adapter without the proshade will be very difficult.

Paul

The proverbial needle in the haystack!
The 93 mm pro shade is pretty rare.
To find the adapter without the proshade will be very difficult.

Paul

There is a 40726 in EX cond at Keh for $56 but lacks the 40720. That is the second 40726 that I have seen without a 40720. I wonder what the only 40720 existing in the world will cost.*g*

Steve,

I got all 40720 adapters in existence.
No use looking for any, there are no more 40720 adapters left.
To protect my investment I will destroy any others in the unlikely event another one shows up.
Evilbay can not be trusted in this matter, you never know.

Paul

Jason,

Better stop playing with all those rings and pro shades. Keep it simple:

IMG_1371-2.jpg

Bottom left: adapter to convert 50 bay into 60 bay part 40711.

Center: adapter for 70 mm lenses part 40744

Left center: adapter for 60 mm lenses part 40741

right center: adapter for 93 mm lenses part 40746

top: pros shade 6093T

With this kit you have all lenses from 50 till 93 mm size covered using only one proshade.

IMG_1370-2.jpg

Close up from 40711 the adapter that makes a bay. 60 out of a bay. 50 lens.

Buy and trade with KEH or evilbay. It is easier and less expensive for you.
You can show your appreciation by becoming a MF club member:
To do that click MF-Control Panel in the second blue bar.

Scroll down to the last box.
The second selection there is to subscribe.
It is about 35 USD for a whole year with extra upload facilities etc.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1371-2.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_1371-2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1370-2.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_1370-2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
I think I ended up in a ring toss game.

Let me recap:

In my possession I have:

40709 Gel holder

Bay 50 adapter ring with slots

Bay 60 adapter ring with slots

40746 adapter ring marked 6093/93

Your adapters sure look different than mine. Maybe it was the angle of the picture.

Tonight I was able to purchase what I think is a 40711 and it does say 50 - 60 on the side but the guy advertised it as a rare filter holder. I did email him prior to the auction ending but he did not respond so I hope I got the right things. Email me direct for the link.

So if the part I bid on is the 40711 then all I need is the 70mm and I will buy that from you, and I need the 6093T and I should be set.

I will go back and look at your previous post and hopefully I can confirm what I have so far. I will probably be signing off shortly.

Jason

Back