Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Loose Filter Question

mikej

Hi, all - I have a Hassy bay 60 yellow filter (German) and I noticed that the glass element is quite loose in the housing. No change when I mount the filter on a lens, still loose. Filter mounts normally - not distorted. None of my other filters have this slop. Do these filters come apart or loosen up somehow? The filter glass is intact and seems fine.
Cheers,
Mike

B+W or Heliopan?

I had the same problem once with an original Hasselblad (B+W) filter.

The solution for me was simple:
Look at the rim of the filter and you will probably find an inner ring with two notches.
Use a small screw driver and carfully turn this inner ring clockwise.
That should fix the loose yellow part of the filter.

I had the same problem once with an original Hasselblad (B+W) filter.

The solution for me was simple:
Look at the rim of the filter and you will probably find an inner ring with two notches.
Use a small screw driver and carfully turn this inner ring clockwise.
That should fix the loose yellow part of the filter.

Hi, Paul - It's a Hasselblad piece - not sure who produced it for them. There are no notches on mine, just the bayonet fittings on either side (front/back). I'll try nesting with another filter to see if I can turn it either way. Thanks.
Cheers,
Mike

P1000544.jpg
  • Panasonic - DMC-TZ1
  • 8.7 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 80

Attachments

• P1000544.jpg
    EXIF
    P1000544.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 46
I found the ring, Paul - no notches, but inside the filter housing facing the lens. Thanks for the assist.
Mike

These Hasselblad filters were produced by the German B+W factory for Hasselblad.
If I understand you correctly the problem is solved?

Paul

These Hasselblad filters were produced by the German B+W factory for Hasselblad.
If I understand you correctly the problem is solved?

Paul

Yes, all fixed. There was no way to grasp the inner ring with tools without doing damage. But, since it was loose already, I was able to disassemble by hand and reassemble without a problem. I may add a drop of thread lock if it comes loose again.
Cheers,
Mike

Back