Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Is the Kodak 16MP 645 back any good for my 503cw

mrmack

Anyone using one ??

I shoot landscapes and portraits / i would like to TRY and get into some commercial work so i really need a Digi back.

I cant afford £10.000 upwards but i can get a mint second hand Kodak for £2.500.

can anyone post some photos ?

Kind Regards

Andy Mack

www.mackenziephotography.co.uk

happy.gif

Hello Andrew

I have visited your homepage .
Very nice shots from Scotland . Reminds me very much of the time I have been living there .
(about a year)
Especially up north , Skye and Mull .

Thanks Jotloob !

Why did you move away ? lol

Yeah Skye's light is just amazing at times. I am going to try and do some island hopping this september when the midges have calmed down a bit !!!

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

The Kodak 645H back is for the H series of cameras, You'll need to find a Pro Back Plus for your 503CW. I'm using one now and find it's working great for me although I do want to move to an Imacon/Hasselblad back. You may want to try and find a V96C or a 96C with a V series adapter. These are the older style backs that use the image banks but the firmware is still current and continues to be supported by Hasselblad. It's got a 16mp square sensor with a crop factor of 1.5x. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Franc

Yeah it looks like i am going to just buy a Nikon 9000ED for the time being until i can afford a 16mp Hassie back
sad.gif
But then i would need a 30mm lens to deal with the 1.5x crop factor !!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks Gilbert and Simon for your kind words
happy.gif

Makes it worth while when other people like your stuff !!!

Back