Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Holga 120n Anyone?

Deon

Greeting photo friends,

Do you consider a Holga 120n a medium format camera? I see lots of high quality cameras discussed, but I don't see any low quality crappy cameras of any kind discussed...

If you have read any of my previous posts, you will know I'm in the midst of scanning my entire collection of analog images. I started shooting professionally in 1984 and always shot art images in-between gigs (helps keep sanity). I'm scanning chronologically and currently scanning images from the 1998's. Almost all of my color images were created with a Hasselblad and transparency film the rest is everything you could imagine! Early on I had Nikon F2 photomic then F3's with a staggering array of 26 lenses (a true camera whore). In 1992 I started shooting with Kodak "Fun Saver Panoramic 35" disposable cameras I modifie and reload with black and white film, later I picked up a Holga 120s then finding the 120n (has bulb and quarter twenty for a tripod). I shot with these cameras for years without spending too much time making prints from them, now I'm finding so much fun stuff!

Manikin window display, Elko, Nevada - August 13th 2010 - Holga 120n with Ilford FP-4 120 film self processed and printed.
081310#10.jpg

Here are three more images created using a Holga 120n camera.

PG - Prince George, British Columbia - May 24th 2017
052417#9.jpg

Bazaar Cemetery - Bazaar, Nebraska - October 1st 2019
100119#3.jpg

Back