Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hasselblad 503 CW Carl Zeiss ZF

I did it , but there is no any issues related to mounting Nikon F lenses to Hasselblad 503 CW .

Q.G.

Help me please . I can not find anything how a ZF lens can attach to a HASSELBLAD 503CW .
If I understand it correct , a ZF lens is a CARL ZEISS lens with a NIKON F mount . How could that work on a HASSELBLAD V-SYSTEM ? ? ?

Yes , ZF series lenses are made from Carl Zeiss ( 8 lenses ) with Nikon F-mount for Nikon both analog and digital bodies.
First time I saw this composition on PBase s&les from Carl Zeiss 50 1.4 ZF lens (check it out ) .
Kevin Henry wrote above the s&le that its been produced by Hasselblad 503 CW and Carl Zeiss ZF .

Maybe I am wrong .

Ljubinko

Ljubinko,

I do apologize.
I was thinking about the Zeiss ZV, not ZF lenses.
Sorry!

You generally can't use Nikon mount lenses on Hasselblads.
Because the image circle they project is too small to cover the larger format. And because they were made to sit much closer to the film than Hasselblad bodies allow.
Oh, and because they have a Nikon, not Hasselblad, mount.
wink.gif

There are no adapters from Nikon (lens) to Hasselblad (body) because of the reasons mentioned.
There are however adapters that will let you use Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses on a camera with Nikon mount.

I wrote "generally" above, because (should you be able to find an adapter) you can use lenses made for a smaller format (like the ones with Nikon mount) on a larger format, but only in photomacrography, at higher magnifications. The extra distance between lens and film produces a larger image circle. Large enough to cover the larger format. But the extra distance between lens and film also means you are focussing rather close.

The world is smaller than what I was able to think, thanks to Hassie that allows me to greet you ans your family...
The godfather...
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back