Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Has something changed that I get all these ads?

davidmknoble

Patron Gold
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
138
It feel like the last several weeks or a month I get an ad in between every post when I am trying to read what others have said. Is it a setting on my ipad? I’m happy to contribute money to help keep up the forum if I can get rid of these ads, because I get to a point I quit reading a post and just move on to something else.
IMG_2237.png
 
I agree, I have to actually search for the post within the ads. Highly annoying.
 
Hi David.

unfortunately, this is a constant fight against Google.

Although I deactivate the feature of "automatic ad optimization" again and again, Google reenables it a few weeks later on again. Due to this, Google finds vrazy places to display ads and their algorithm dies not understand, when it is getting a pain in the a....

This optimisation process by Google ads is a nightmare for me too.

The only way to get rid of it 100% ad free is by donating snd becone a patron. Donators do not see ads at all.

I am sorry for this, but I can not run this community without any ads. I have to cover at least part of my costs.

i will disable this automatic optimization also in the future, but it will come back again soon against my will, I am sure.

If someone of you is a lawyer, he might help me to find a way how to force Google to stop this business practice.

In the meantime, the only secure way to get rid of ads is to become a patron of MFF.

 
@dirk thanks so much for the reply! I am happy to join as a patron and support the costs of the site! It is a small price to pay for the community interaction! Might I suggest a pinned post for awhile to remind people how important it is to support the site (the ads) and how to support the site personally and remove them!

Thanks for administering this great group.
David.
 
Thanks, @dirk! For anyone else, it is certainly worth this in my opinion. Regardless, ad-free is such a pleasant experience! I hope you join me in supporting this site..

It's under your account and look for the menu "account upgrades" It was simple and through PayPal, which I have found plenty secure for decades.
 
Back
Top