Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

H3D-31 plus 50-110mm TOO good?

Welcome here at hasselbladinfo forum David.

Thank you for your kind words about Hasselblad image quality.
Image quality has been an important part of all Hasselblad cameras starting with the first 1600F camera built in 1949.

Paul
Forum moderator

The forum software changed and is suitable for most browsers except Safari, Netscape and a few others.
The administrator informed me these browsers have a only small part of the market.
That is the reason the forum software will not be adapted for those browsers.

For MAC users Firefox is recommended. It is a free and safe browser.

Well, on Macintosh systems Safari is the standard... Why would one use software that does not implement the standard on a given system?

Also, the 50-110 is a BEAST, easily the heaviest lens I have ever used, but it is well balanced...

Second that. Have used my Hasselblad H1 with HC 50-110mm zoom lens for a wedding as well, and it worked like a charm. Outstanding results, and that was with film (Fujicolor 400 NPH). Big and heavy combo, but worth it. That lens has become my "default" lens on the H1.

In terms of comparison to 35mm film, I can only say there is a major difference in overall result. When I enlarge to 20x30cm prints (A4) it is obvious that the ones taken with the Hasselblad H1 and the HC zoom give better detail than the ones taken with my Leica M7 and the Summilux 50mm ASPH (which is a reference lens on the Leica). Both using the same Fujicolor Reala 100 film. Enough said.

There may be other reasons to take a 35mm camera (size, weight etc), but if ultimate image quality is needed, there is no choice.

Pascal

Well, on Macintosh systems Safari is the standard... Why would one use software that does not implement the standard on a given system?

Safari having problems with the forum software is outdated information, Safari 4 works just fine. I have been using Safari 4.x exclusively from its first beta release.

Wilko

Back