Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Filters Again

Need advice for ND Grad system for use with Bay-60 lenses, 50mm, 80mm, 180mm. Size, type of adapters, make. Secondary concerns are ease of use and durability.

Steve

Stephen

HELIOPAN is a very good make .
I use an adapter from HASSELBLAD BAJ. 60 to M67x0,75 (ES67) and ND0,9 , factor 8x , which is minus 3 f-stops and ND1,2 , factor 16x , which is minus 4 f-stops .
This combination , adapter BAJ . 60 to M67x0.75 , can be used with all BAJ. 60 lenses and all hoods still fit perfect .
These screw in filters are available in slim version , and are much cheaper than filters in bajonet 60 .
Have a look here . English version available .
http://www.heliopan.de

Jürgen

Lee Sysem ... I use both the regular and wide angle holder/shade. Lee makes WA adapters that reverse back on themselves to avoid vignetting issues.

Thanks for the fast responses. A few more questions. The Lee system looks good..Hard or soft edge transitions? The recommendation is soft with wide angle and hard for all others..The only "wide lens" I have is the 50mm which isn't very wide with the CFV but the soft transition looks more "user friendly".

Steve

Back