Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

External cell for D40 flash

blowupster

Ok, it's not possible, it does not exist !

However it should be possible. I tried this heavy experiment:

I use a 503CX with a 80mm exposed in "T" , plug the flash wire to the body and used the syncho flash to another camera (Leica M8) SO the Hasselblad beacame a heavy external cell for my D-40 used for my other camera. Not realy practical but it proves that a clever man could built and sell a integrated cell to convert the D-40 to a normal flash (not hasselblad-TTL-only !)

No one wants to try to build this funny stuff here ?

Isidor,

Sure that is a nice hack. The electronics associated with the flash sensor in the Hasselblad bodies are quite basic so it should absolutely be do-able to produce your own little external sensor. A bit like a Metz Mecamat maybe.

Wilko

One showed here the 2000fc electic drawing. With the the ttl electric drawing it will be resolved !
Who has the code ?

BTW where to find a substitute extention sca cord for hasselblad-TTL ?
It's hard to imagine that Hasselblad invent a new type of wire and the prize is realy to mutch.
Any idea ?

Isidor,

What exactly do you mean with "sca cord for Hasselblad TTL" ? The Metz SCA390?

Wilko

Isidor,

An extension cords was available from Hasselblad:
1 meter part 55120 or 5 meter part 55147
Price was about 60 euro a few years back.
The best way is to get a Lemo plug (Swiss made) that fits the D 40 and have a cable made to your requirements.
Maybe fitting a cel inside the D40 with a switch to choose internal or external, camera, control is a better way to accomplish your wish.

Paul

Hello Paul,

I know that this thread is somewhat old but still valid...

Do you have any idea what Lemo plug that fit the TTL-system for 500-series?

BR
Olof

...only 3 years old !

I havn't any answer. I found years ago a Hasselblad ttl 1 meter wire on B.
Not bad.
do not use my D40 so often, as the metering with digital back is not good.
Now I sell my old flash and buy flashs witch have 2 important points:
Slave mode
Partial power manual mode

Nikon flash are very good for this !

Funny to realize I got very good results with a Leica 50mm 2.0, a Nikon SB-26 flash on my ....Canon 450D (with a AF confrm ring)

Hello Paul,

I know that this thread is somewhat old but still valid...

Do you have any idea what Lemo plug that fit the TTL-system for 500-series?

BR
Olof

Sorry,

I do not know the partnumber for the plug but I do have several of those available for sale.
There are several faulty D 40 flashes lying around here.
Make me a sensible offer and you get a DIY kit that will keep you occupied for a while........

Back