Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Distagon 50mm f4 shutter doesnbt change

gonan111

Distagon 50mm f/4 Silver 1950's I believe?

It seems like it is stuck at 1/500th. I can shoot it on bulb and change the apertures. But when I put it on one second, it looks like a 500th. There is 3 metal tabs sticking out of the base.

One looks like a push in and says "synchro compur"

and the other metal tab looks like a sliding tab and next to it: V X M

X is probably what the flash sync's at. It's locked onto that one. M is probably manual.

Is my lens locked?

~Alex

If I understand correctly, your lens fires properly when set to the "B" setting, but fires very fast when set at all other speeds. If this is the case, it sounds like the pin on the gear train has broken off. There is a pin on the gear train, that is in contact with the shutter speed ring. As the shutter speed ring turns, the pin on the gear train moves, depending on which shutter speed is selected. When the pin breaks, the shutter will fire at 1/500 second at all speeds, except the "B" setting. You would need to have the lens serviced, and have the gear train replaced.

David Odess

Factory trained Hasselblad technician

www.david-odess.com

Back