Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Centre filter in combination with UVSky

yogibear

Anybody familiar with this combination or isn't it nessesary to use a UV-Sky filter if you have a centre filter placed on your 45 mm?
I heard somebody saying. First UV-Sky and then on top the centre filtre?!?

Thanks!

> If I recall, the center filter is used to "even" out the exposure over > the panoramic format at below about f/8 esp with transparency film. By > darkening the center field, the "edges" of the panoramic ( which are > naturally darker) are made to blend in better. I would expect the UV > to be a separate filter as it works over the entire format of the > picture and actually reduces the UV component. The 30mm comes with > such a filter "prepackaged" where it MUST be used, on the 45mm it is > considered optional I believe.

> I have used two filters with all xpan lenses with no problems. I would ask, however, is the uv filter really necessary? I never use one. If I feel the need for such filtration, I go straight to a 1A or 81A. I consider "protection filters" a bad idea, except in extreme

Back