Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Best brightest groundglass for 503CW

tukkerphoto

Hi people,

The focussing on my 503CW has been driving me nuts for several years now, so I thought that I could maybe find a better and brighter ground glass...

Does anyone have some solid input on this issue for someone shooting daily with the 503CW?

Brand and type of glass, where do you buy them??

Thanks so much,

Thomas

I would suggest a Brightscreen brand screen. You can visit their web site at: www.brightscreen.com.

Look at the #5 screen ... a split image with a central grid (microprism) circle around it.

David S. Odess - Factory trained Hasselblad technician

David,

How would you value the Beattie Interscreen to Brightscreen? Both of them are probably not available in my place...I might want microprism one for my 500 series.

Pal

In my opinion, the Beattie and Brightscreens are equal in brightness, and both companies make screens for the older 500 series (500 C and 500 EL). I have installed many of these screens for my customers, and I have found, over the years, that the Brightscreen brand screens are made to a more strict tolerance, so I would suggest the Brightscreen brand screens. You can order them directly from Brightscreen from their website at: www.brightscreen.com.

David S. Odess

Factory trained Hasselblad technician

www.david-odess.com

Back