Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Auxilliary shutter doesnbt open fully 503CX

rogerxnz

The top auxilliary shutter of my 503CX doesn't open fully, causing fogging on each frame at the bottom of each image (top of each frame of the film). The gap between the edge of the shutter and the body is about 1cm.

I suppose this means a trip to the repairman? How expensive will it be?

Is this problem related to my other problem: that several of the films I recently put through the camera did not advance fully during the first three shots so that some of those first images overlay each other (by different amounts)?

Another reason to go to the repairman?
Roger

Roger,

The top auxilliary shutter can be adjusted by a Hasselblad technician.

The overlapping of the negatives is not related to the top auxilliary shutter. The most likely cause for the overlapping frames is a loose rivet that holds the ratchet arm to the drive gear. This can also be repaired by a Hasselblad technician.

David S. Odess - Factory trained Hasselblad technician

David
Thank you for your reply. Regarding the overlapping frames, are you referring to the drive gear on the body or in the magazine?

Someone else told me that the problem could be in the "clutch" in the magazine itself. Is this likely?
Roger

Back