Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

903 with CFV and tripod

macmx

I had to remove the coupling plate from the 903 in order to use the CFV, since the battery is so large.

What do I do if I want to use the camera on a tripod?

Any help is much appreciated.

I do not know what battery you are using.
The standard battery will allow use of the tripod by means of an adapter that
was supplied with the CFV back.

Since my CFV is from a CWD package, which does not include the EL battery adapter, I do not have one of those. I might have to get my hands on one then. Thanks for the info!

I had to remove the coupling plate from the 903 in order to use the CFV, since the battery is so large.

What do I do if I want to use the camera on a tripod?

Any help is much appreciated.

macmx,

I attempted to take mine off two weeks ago, but the final screw wouldn't release and so it stayed on. Did you remove yours by removing the box at the back of the body ? Any issues with that ?

I have the adapter plate and wouldn't buy one as the arrangement is quite awkward to handle and store. With just the battery in place I imagine the SWC with CFV is much easier and more friendly.

To retain the tripod mount socket, my solution will be to cut the overhang off the cameras tripod mount giving full access for the battery. The only reason for not doing this until now is that my SWC needs new distance scales on the lens and I'm unsure whether to replace the camera, or fix the scales.

Anybody know how much it is to replace the screenprinting ? (UK)

Regards,

Gary

I don't know what you mean by removing the "box at the back of the body".
I just screwed of the tripod mount. But as I want to use a film back and CFV, quickly changing between the two, this is not practical. It takes a long time and the screws are much too small. I had to actually sharpen an electrical screwdriver to make it fit.

I don't know what you mean by removing the "box at the back of the body".
I just screwed of the tripod mount. But as I want to use a film back and CFV, quickly changing between the two, this is not practical. It takes a long time and the screws are much too small. I had to actually sharpen an electrical screwdriver to make it fit.

macmx,
I presume you left the nuts inside the body then ??

If you attempt to fit them back in place, I'll be surprised if you can locate them as I suspect they are rattling around inside the body.

On the back of the body that faces the magazine, there are 4 screws that will release the cover and allow access to these screws, I think. I doubt you will be able to re-fit the tripod socket without opening this up. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

Back