Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

50mm f4 Distagon C

jarim

I have a pretty nice silver 50mm f4 Distagon C. What makes this lens interesting is the serial number. It's 4930287. However the Hasselblad System Compendium lists the known serial number range of the 49***** block as 4927689-4930166. So my lens falls outside that. What could be the reason behind that?

I have a pretty nice silver 50mm f4 Distagon C. What makes this lens interesting is the serial number. It's 4930287. However the Hasselblad System Compendium lists the known serial number range of the 49***** block as 4927689-4930166. So my lens falls outside that. What could be the reason behind that?

Well, Rick Nordin never pretended that the Compendium is 100% accurate with regards to serial numbers. He is writing a new edition which should have more information on a lot of things, including the serial number database.

Oh, and one of my lenses, I think it was my black C50 T* lens was also outside of his documented ranges :)

hth
Wilko

Your CZ C DISTAGON 4/50 is built in 1970 . It should actually be a T* lens .
As to the very difficult investigations for the serial numbers , the mentioned list might not be complete .

Jürgen

The reason it falls outside the known range of lens numbers is simply that no lenses outside these blocks were known at the time of writing the compendium.

Rick Nordin has updated his data base with lens information.
That information will be made available in the new compendium.

Back