Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

2000fa winding

coldborezero

My only experience has been with focal plane shutter Hasselblads with the various CFV digital backs. The electronic body 200/2000 cameras are still a bit of a mystery for me.
Unlike the 500's I've used, my 2000fa makes a distinct "click" noise at the very end of the winding rotation. Not a nice precision camera like click but more like something that is not engaging properly.

Would someone who owns a 200/2000 Series camera please tell me if they also experience such a noise or if the winding stroke is smooth all the way through? Thank you.

The 2000 series is a noisy beast. I think it is to do with the metal shutter curtains. I have the 2000FCW and it is noisy, but regular. Winding is smooth but not silent. There is a distinct click as the wind finishes. Just a click. I assume all is normal as mine is in 'as new' condition. Hardly used. Kept only as a backup body for my 203FE.

The 2000 series is a noisy beast. I think it is to do with the metal shutter curtains. I have the 2000FCW and it is noisy, but regular. Winding is smooth but not silent. There is a distinct click as the wind finishes. Just a click. I assume all is normal as mine is in 'as new' condition. Hardly used. Kept only as a backup body for my 203FE.
Thanx for the extra info.
However, I'm now sniffing around for a 203fe :)

The 203FE is a brilliant choice. I have been using one for 20+ years. I strongly recommend the use of the dedicated 45Deg prism with it. It speeds up the use of the camera, and switched the image right way round. Caution: Only the dedicated prism will fit because of the tiny exposure display above the ground glass screen. ie. it has a small cutout to accommodate the display prism.

I use the camera with the same 45º prism finder. It is the best piece for me. You have to get the Finder with Red line ( Which is the indicator for FE series . All the F or Fe lenses / fonfiders / meter drives etc is indicated as dedicated parts )

I use the camera with the same 45º prism finder. It is the best piece for me. You have to get the Finder with Red line ( Which is the indicator for FE series . All the F or Fe lenses / finders / moter drives etc is indicated as dedicated parts )
Sorry I edit . Yes it is the blue ( double ) line.

Good to know I'm not the only one who has stuff like that happen when they sit down to a keyboard :)
My 7 year old granddaughter types better than I do :)

Back