Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

1000F Help

asaylor88

Hello everyone!
This is my first post as a registered member of these forums. I've browsed quite often while researching, and could use any advice/help you have to offer!

I just bought a 1000f in very bad need of a restoration quite cheap, and I am having a very hard time finding parts, service manuals, or just general tips on repairing it! I have repaired a 500 el/m that I own to excellent working condition, and also a 500 c/m and had no trouble finding service and user manuals for reference along the way..but it seems like there is no information about early hasselblads, except for here of course!

The body is in decent cosmetic shape after removing what was left of the leatherette and polishing. Mechanically, I have no idea yet. I do need quite a few parts..shutter knob, flash contacts, just to mention a few.

If you have any advice you could share with novice, repair literature, or any parts I would be greatly appreciative and could work something out as far as purchasing goes.

Thanks alot!

p.s. - sorry for the poor quality pictures!

Attachments

• !BQJ2LKg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BJ3T4EWPCw~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2LKg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BJ3T4EWPCw~~_1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 50
  • !BQJ2McQBGk~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfE,TBJ3T4K(5G!~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2McQBGk~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfE,TBJ3T4K(5G!~~_1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 37
  • !BQJ2QMwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ3T4b,Z,g~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2QMwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ3T4b,Z,g~~_1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 38
  • !BQJ2LKg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BJ3T4EWPCw~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2LKg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BJ3T4EWPCw~~_1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 50
  • !BQJ2McQBGk~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfE,TBJ3T4K(5G!~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2McQBGk~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfE,TBJ3T4K(5G!~~_1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 37
  • !BQJ2QMwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ3T4b,Z,g~~_1.jpg
    EXIF
    !BQJ2QMwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBJ3T4b,Z,g~~_1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 38
I know someone who has all the parts you need.
He also has all documentation required to get an idea what 1000F cameras is all about.

A word of caution is necessary.
These cameras are quite complicated constructions.
It takes a talented repairman quite some time to get an idea of the logic
behind the working of them.
If you feel you are up to that send me a pm and a list of what you need.

If you have to give in after trying to bring the 1000F back to life there is always professional help at a price. That is life!

Paul

Back