Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from sunny dry California

pkipnis

I've been a large format (ie: 2 1/4, 4X5, and 5X7) photographer since 1965. Actually, i was hooked on photography since I was 5. A friend of my father was a photo student. They took me into his dark room and told me to rock a tray back and forth. After a few long minutes, magic happened! An image of my father magically appeared and I was hooked! Following a solid education curriculum including two degrees snd a three year stint teaching photography at the local J. C. And a few years managing camera stores I was hired by BNA to be the Hasselblad representative for Northern California and later, the pacific northwest. There my education went into high gear with coursework es bt Agfa, Zeiss and of course, Hasselblad. When they went direct i was offered to relocate to a different territory but had to refuse it due to family. Sad, the marriage broke down a few years later but im sure i would have been with Hasselblad till I retired.

Back