Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello everyone and best wishes from Wales..

biggles3

I have been a user of MF gear since the 1970s although most of my photography was carried out on the Contax/Yashica 35mm system. I met Sam Haskins in the early 1970s and he introduced me to his beloved Pentax 6x7s and I spent some time with him and his family in Kensington just marvelling at the quality of images that could be produced on 6x7 negatives. I was hooked! Today I use a mix of Contax 645, Fuji GA645Zi, Fuji GX680III and Mamiya RZ67 Pro gear and have added two Hasselblad Ixpress digital backs to my armoury. I still use the Pentax 6x7s from time to time.

I only take photos for fun these days and I love mf gear because it demands respect when you use it; each photo becomes a special moment. I have used the Pentax 645 and Hasselblad H1 digital systems but had issues with the Pentax lenses and found the 'Blad's limited top speed annoying after being used to the Contax 645, so abandoned both systems. Sadly, the current digital mf gear is way beyond my pocket as a pensioner though I would have loved to try the Fuji as I love their glass so much.

And since discovering that I can get to use Mamiya 645 lenses (and their Auto Bellows N) on my Contax 645, it has given a new lease of life to my favourite camera; shown below is a C645 Mamiya Sekor 145mm Soft Focus lens combination. It's my favourite Mamiya lens.
Mamiya 145 SF lens C645 via Zork adapter.jpg

Back