Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Fun with Pentax Medium Format Digital Cameras

bensonga

As a long time Pentax 67 owner (30+ years), I was excited when the 645D was first released. I waited a couple of years for the price to come down before I bought my 645D (a few months before the 645z came out). Of course, I would love to have a 645z too, but I will wait I wait until the price falls some more. I do appreciate the somewhat different image characteristics of the CCD sensors, although the newer CMOS sensor MFD cameras are certainly more versatile.

In my opinion, the 645D today is an excellent value for those who might be interested in getting started with a MFD camera at a relatively affordable price. 645D cameras in excellent condition can often be found for under $2,500 USD. Pentax 645 and 67 lenses have always been a great value and many are very good performers.

I will post a few of the photos taken with my 645D here soon and I hope to see others share their Pentax MFD images too.

Gary Benson
Alaska

Last edited:
645D cameras in excellent condition can often be found for under $2,500 USD

That is a bargain compared with the newest offerings in 35mm fullframe and APS-C!

Pentax 645 and 67 lenses have always been a great value and many are very good performers.

Can you put Pentax 67 lenses also on the MF 645D?

645D cameras in excellent condition can often be found for under $2,500 USD

That is a bargain compared with the newest offerings in 35mm fullframe and APS-C!

Pentax 645 and 67 lenses have always been a great value and many are very good performers.

Can you put Pentax 67 lenses also on the MF 645D?

Pentax made a 67 to 645 lens adapter that is well made and works perfectly. I have two of these. I don’t know if it is still in production, but they aren’t too hard to find on the used market. I recently bought a Pentax-M* 67 400mm f4 ED IF lens that I am anxious to try on my 645D.

Gary

Here is one of my early photos taken with the Pentax 645D and the Pentax 645 55mm SDM AF lens. Converted to B&W with Photoshop and Nik SilverEfex Pro.

Gary

Bird Point, Turnagain Arm, Alaska
imgp0051_bird_point_mud_flats_low_tide_nik_bw-2_xl.jpg

Another photo taken with the 645D in September 2017. I was testing the Pentax 645 FA 45-85mm lens I had recently purchased.

This was the last time I pulled my 645D out for a walk about. I need to get it out more often.

Gary

645D, FA 45-85 lens at 45mm, ISO 200, 1/800th at f11, converted to B&W with SilverEfex Pro
_IGP0143 AK RR Depot Cropped SEP2 P2048.jpg

Back