Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

B60 filter prices

nikau

I'm in the market for a B60 yellow or orange filter and have been amazed by their prices, compared to similar B50 filters. I was wondering why this difference? Is it because color film dominated during the B60 production years, thus b&w filters have become "rare"? Is it because the number of old B50 lenses have fallen off and nobody wants that size of filter these days? Or something else? For example, I can find perfectly good B50 yellow or orange filters for as low as $15; B60s are in the $75-$150 range, and more often at the high end.

Well C lenses are 35 years old or more. At this time B/W was more usual for B/W. So I may suspect that a lot of filters were sold then as every serious photograph has complet kit of filters in his bag at this time. A geat number of 50 years old lens may have disapears or are broken, only filter left. So I cann imagine more filters than lenses left from this time.

After 1985 it was possible to buy convertion ring to fitt B60 filter and hood on C lenses. So conversion ring and B60 B/W filters is more interesting now even if one of your lens is a C lenses.
Well I have pol filter and red filter in B50, B60 and 86mm even if I do not use them with my CFV. I killed a Blue B50 filter to build a poor ring flash for my 100mm/3.5 C lens.
I spent long time to get a chrom B50 poxar 2M (for my 250mm C lens) and a UV "63mm" filter for my early SW box

I have an adapter that converts a B60 to take a 67mm filters. This is a generic adapter and has no brand name. 67mm filters should be available at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
I found the box for the B60 to 67mm conversion ring that is unmarked. It is a Kenko. I also found another of the same. It is a Hoya, and the brand name is marked on the ring.

Back